How do "stars fall from the sky"?

pnome

There wouldn't be a "here" with that strong a gravitational pull.

With an anti-gravity force field surrounding everything on Earth everything would be fine.

Omnipotence is not limited by your lack of imagination. ;)

atlashunter

With an anti-gravity force field surrounding everything on Earth everything would be fine.

Omnipotence is not limited by your lack of imagination. ;)

That's true but if you want to go that route gravity need not even enter the picture. Just resort to the "magic" answer and be done with it. I wonder if he would also shrink and cool the stars so that they wouldn't destroy the planet? But then if you're going to go through all of that what exactly is so significant about it? No more lights twinkly little lights in the sky? I guess these are the sort of wild assumptions one has to make in order to keep Jesus own words from making him look ignorant.:huh: For some there is just nothing too absurd to believe to avoid what is staring them square in the face.

ambush80

That's true but if you want to go that route gravity need not even enter the picture. Just resort to the "magic" answer and be done with it. I wonder if he would also shrink and cool the stars so that they wouldn't destroy the planet? But then if you're going to go through all of that what exactly is so significant about it? No more lights twinkly little lights in the sky? I guess these are the sort of wild assumptions one has to make in order to keep Jesus own words from making him look ignorant.:huh: For some there is just nothing too absurd to believe to avoid what is staring them square in the face.

Truth.