My 5th summer garden: Expansion and more beans

JB0704

I Gots Goats
I'm still fooling with cleaning raised beds, turning the dirt and adding soil amendments. I did manage to get my peppers in the ground. Holding off on the maters. I been watching BigBend's biochar thread so I bought some from Lowes. Just one problem. FedEx has lost two of the bags and they were supposed to go in the mater beds. I should have started earlier but I got wrapped around the axle with turkey season.

U kill any turkeys?

And post pics of progress with the garden if u don’t mind. Even Prepping the dirt. I enjoy the heck outta seeing yalls gardens grow too.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
U kill any turkeys?

And post pics of progress with the garden if u don’t mind. Even Prepping the dirt. I enjoy the heck outta seeing yalls gardens grow too.

I had one that played with me for 3 weeks running. I'd catch him on the roost, he'd yack back at me, fly down, hook up with his girls and he'd talk to me while he walked right past me about 75 yards across the property line. He had a strut zone in one of my clover plots and he would show up regular around 11:30am but I could never catch up with him. It was dead silent last weekend so I said screw it, it's garden and fishing time.

I got pics I'll post but they are on my phone and I'm too wore out to fool with posting them from there. Wore out, 3 beers and phat thumbs ain't a good combo for me when it comes to posting pics. :bounce:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Yours on the other hand is outstanding!:rockon:

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
the bottom has dropped out and the rain is coming down in sheets here. They are saying rain most of the weekend. I will try to get those pictures between showers if I can tomorrow.

Plastic mulch is hilling up dirt, laying a drip tape, and covering it up with plastic. It keeps the weeds down, moisture in and you can keep the plants from stress of wet / dry extremes a lot easier.

This ain't my garden but it gives you an idea of what I have going on. Stay tuned for pics later.

1714784490756.png

JB0704

I Gots Goats
the bottom has dropped out and the rain is coming down in sheets here. They are saying rain most of the weekend. I will try to get those pictures between showers if I can tomorrow.

Plastic mulch is hilling up dirt, laying a drip tape, and covering it up with plastic. It keeps the weeds down, moisture in and you can keep the plants from stress of wet / dry extremes a lot easier.

This ain't my garden but it gives you an idea of what I have going on. Stay tuned for pics later.

View attachment 1303528

Very cool. Keep us posted on how it works out all the way through.

JB0704

I Gots Goats
Looking good ! Great thread again @JB0704 . I’ll be working in mine this weekend , I’ll remember to snap a few pictures

Look forward to seeing em. Hopefully I can grow my own n won’t be begging cukes off folks this year :bounce: we still have a jar of pickles left from them u give me last year, I rationed them so they would last.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Look forward to seeing em. Hopefully I can grow my own n won’t be begging cukes off folks this year :bounce: we still have a jar of pickles left from them u give me last year, I rationed them so they would last.
I pickled a few cases and we out ! I did give a few jars away but man did we enjoy them .

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I pickled a few cases and we out ! I did give a few jars away but man did we enjoy them .

I tried to make dill pickles last year but it was an epic fail. I'm going back to store bought this year and devote my limited raised bed space to something else. I'm real good at canning peppers so I may go heavy on Jalapenos and Serranos this year.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member