Useles Billy's #4th Garden

Status
Not open for further replies.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Ever freeze maters? Does pretty good

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Pappy's corn field is laid by and waiting on the stuff to grow. We had a good rain yesterday and a quick thunderstorm blow thru this evening watering it good. If nothing happens, we should make a decent amount of corn. It is field corn, and we are growing it for cornmeal and grits.

20230701_141138.jpg20230701_141143.jpg

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Yall lock this'n down with success pics.......veggies you grew n picked, and bonus points for plated with some kinda meat on the side.
I wish I had taken some pictures yesterday. We dug our 'taters that my Dad and I planted. We had red taters, white taters, and yukon golds. The white taters didn't do to well. We had 2 rows and only got about 800 pounds. We had one row of Yukon Gold, and grew almost as much poundage off that one row. We planted a short row of reds, and grew more taters on that short row than either of the others. Nearly 2000 lbs of 'taters dug up and put in the dark spot to cure out for a few days.

JB0704

I Gots Goats
I wish I had taken some pictures yesterday. We dug our 'taters that my Dad and I planted. We had red taters, white taters, and yukon golds. The white taters didn't do to well. We had 2 rows and only got about 800 pounds. We had one row of Yukon Gold, and grew almost as much poundage off that one row. We planted a short row of reds, and grew more taters on that short row than either of the others. Nearly 2000 lbs of 'taters dug up and put in the dark spot to cure out for a few days.

Go to the dark spot, snap a pic, n post it up. That is impressive.

WOODIE13

We dig ours September or early October

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Go to the dark spot, snap a pic, n post it up. That is impressive.

I will have to get some light in there to even try it. It is an old chicken house that we darkened. I rolled out a bed of hay and hauled the 'taters in the in the bucket of the Bobcat. We had over 3 full buckets of 'taters when we got done.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
We dig ours September or early October
these were done growing, and we want to plant some corn where they were growing. We have never left them in the ground that long. Don't you get a lot of green 'taters leaving them that long?

WOODIE13

these were done growing, and we want to plant some corn where they were growing. We have never left them in the ground that long. Don't you get a lot of green 'taters leaving them that long?
Not in WV

WOODIE13

We get frost and occasional snow up to June

Status
Not open for further replies.