How does a Moderator..........

Al33

use moderation when trying to moderate some who's idea of moderation is not moderate by the majority? :crazy: :huh: :bounce:

The medium online "mode rate" is not too much or too little of anything, and when exemplified at this "normal" rate it is considered to be a moderate rate, thus the term moderation.

Your homework assignment for the night, and due tomorrow, is a self analysis of your on line mode rate while here at the campfire. Examine carefully all aspects of your input here and document them in a short essay. Describe whether or not you feel you are an overall moderate, a moderate only in some things, or not a moderate at all.

Warning: Simply writting "I'm a bull in a china closet or I'm a slug on steel on a cold day won't cut it!

Thank you, class dismissed. ::gone:

:bounce:

matthewsman

Al,Why put off 'til tommorrow what can be done today?

I am typically tyrannical to truly trying people. ::ke:

I espouse the live and let live philosophy as long as it doesn't threaten my family or the things I love......I have been less than moderate with some of my responses,but only on things I am passionate about.Other than a few instances,I have tried to be polite with all I have said,and responsible in my info given.Moderate?Maybe not .......The opposite?Surely not......

Inbetween?Yes.....For all practical purposes,I would say moderately moderate.Disagreeing as I would like to be disagreed with,complimenting as I would like to be complimented.Basically,talking to people as I would if I would in their physical presence,around a campfire.Joking with those who joke,rude to those who are rude,and friend to the friendly......donnie

Al33

WOW Donnie!!!!

I'm going to give you an A+ on that one. :clap:

Hey Jim, can you incorporate Donnie's essay in the rules? ;)

I was kidding a bit with a little satire, however, we are all, for the most part, moderate in some ways and maybe not so in others. When our passions get involved, moderation is usually left by the way side.

While some may not be moderates with their humor, they may very well be with the hot topics, and vise versa.

I am not trying to shine a light on anyone, just our unique makeup and how moderation plays it's part for all, moderators included. I firmly believe the moderators were chosen just for this reason, they are moderates. Well, at least most of the time. :bounce: Got to be a tough job remaining moderate in ALL things.

Al

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
Al I sometimes think a modern moderate moderator would feel that

it would behoove a modern moderators prerogative to expedite expeditiously, moderately speaking of course ;)

I sure hope this helps and that you recover completly:)

leo

matthewsman

Leo

Your vocabulary may be too copious for somes limited comprehension.Henceforth, elucidate more explicitly.Regards, donnie..... :love:

GrandSlamHunter

I am sure that some of our moderators are truly more liberators or conservators, but yet they must set aside their personal leanings and move further to the left or to the right in order to live up to the title that has been assigned to the job which they have agreed to fulfill. :crazy:

GSH