Hurricane Ian

Redbow

This storm seems to be ramping up this morning its going to be bad for Florida as it looks now. The weather service has rain for us Thursday night and Friday and thunderstorms Saturday. I guess this will shut the Seafood Festival that we are suppose to have this week-end down over in Morehead City NC.

We need the rain but if it comes over us here it doesn't seem like the wind will be bad for our area. Gotta go get some bread and milk now, if there is any left on the shelves no doubt the panic button has already been pushed here as in other areas that are in the path of the storm.

Big7

The Oracle
My bet is it will go west to the Panhandle and further west.

I got a bunch of friends in Clearwater and Tampa.
They prolly going to get a bunch of rain.

sinclair1

Our safety is not at risk, just property. I will be praying for folks directly hit. It looks like the house we rented on the forgotten coast is ground zero right now.

BassRaider

Scheduled to be in St Aug Beach this Sat for fishing vacation. Not sure where it will be the worse, here or there?

oldfella1962

Maybe a petty complaint, but the name - hurricane IAN? That's a mostly British name.
At least come up with a name that sounds typically tropical, Hispanic, or American.
Who connects hurricanes with England? Just my 2 cents.

Stob

Useles Billy’s Uncle StepDaddy.
Scheduled to be in St Aug Beach this Sat for fishing vacation. Not sure where it will be the worse, here or there?
My daughter bought my son and I dugout seats to the Braves V Mets on the 30th. Got them back in June - Hotel booked, etc. Pretty sure that the game will not happen on the 30th or the 1st. Ugh!

JonathanG2013

Hope Ian is not to bad. Do not need a Hurricane Opal repeat, with power outages and trees down all over the place.

Sinclair with you being on the coast now. Hoe your area does not get to much rain and wind also. I was in Jekyll Island and Savannah the 17th and 18th. Pretty area, but forgot about the sulfur smelling water.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
It`s the last thing Southwest Georgia needs right now. Folks trying to pull peanuts and it will probably tear up the cotton fields. Heckfire, we still ain`t really over the last one yet.

sinclair1

Hope Ian is not to bad. Do not need a Hurricane Opal repeat, with power outages and trees down all over the place.

Sinclair with you being on the coast now. Hoe your area does not get to much rain and wind also. I was in Jekyll Island and Savannah the 17th and 18th. Pretty area, but forgot about the sulfur smelling water.
Thanks, We were not here but Micheal beat this area up pretty good, but not as bad as west Ga. Ian is more like Micheal as far as path. This could be worse for us if it holds to what they say as it’s further east. I sure don’t want to install those boards that came with the house :flag:A4DB5466-19FA-4767-A941-2DD00BA9C014.jpegFDBF58E9-644D-4316-AED3-78ECA0E01650.png

slow motion

Our place in Sopchoppy looks to be in a dangerous spot at the moment.

Lukikus2

Expecting 80 to 90 mph winds all the way into central Florida for Wednesday and Thursday. Not looking forward to it. Tampa is going to get pounded.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Each Noaa update has it moving East and slowing down from the last.

IMG_4373.jpg

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
I am having surgery Wednesday. I don't need a major weather event knocking out power and such this weekend.

Dad is busy getting things squared away at Horseshoe Beach, going to get sporty there with the current track.

Reactions: Dub

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
I've got a 76 YO widowed aunt that lives in Tavares, close to Ocala.
Been in close contact with her giving advice.
She's got a hotel room booked for Thursday and Friday.
If she gets hit hard, I'll tool up and head her way.

Redbow

Our local weather forecast is for gusty winds and heavy rain Friday and Saturday here on the NC coast. This storm won't be as bad as Hurricane Florence was in 2019 or it shouldn't be unless things change with the track of Ian.

So I suppose in some way we will be see'n Ian in a few days. We need the rain its dry here. What we have to look out for is the waterspouts which will likely be spawned up and down our entire coast line.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
A few miles can make a big difference.
1eye and myself were in our campers at fish camp when Fred made landfall in 2021 50 miles away.

You could have fished that afternoon.