Tropical Storm Ophelia

Redbow

We have been right in the thick of this storm as of 3am this morning. Torrential rain and winds up to 50 mph, could be worse of course. Our power is still on as of now. No doubt we have had over six inches of rain so far we had 3 inches yesterday before the main part of the storm hit. Heavy surf and flooding in some areas will be a big concern as the storm moves on.

We live between Swansboro and Morehead City NC, Emerald Isle is just across the sound from us. Yesterday when we went outside we could hear the thundering surf as the waves pounded the shore. The surfers had a great time yesterday riding the big waves.

Move on Ophelia !

Dub

Stay safe.

Ride it out and hopefully have some great weather once it is gone.

ENC gets pounded far too often.

sinclair1

Good luck Red. We were in St Augustine near where it started. It stayed offshore and headed north.
IMG_2423.jpeg

Redbow

How are you @Redbow ?
We came thru the storm just fine wind gusts around 50 mph at times and very heavy rain we got over 8 inches. We didn't have any damage from the storm a few small limbs down but nothing that we can't deal with. I would guess there was some beach erosion there always is from a storm we haven't been over to see for ourselves yet but no-one has reported any major damage from Ophelia. There were some power outages but not in our area.

Thanks to everyone who responded to this post there are a lot of people on this site who care for others, that's what makes the GON great. :)

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
We came thru the storm just fine wind gusts around 50 mph at times and very heavy rain we got over 8 inches. We didn't have any damage from the storm a few small limbs down but nothing that we can't deal with. I would guess there was some beach erosion there always is from a storm we haven't been over to see for ourselves yet but no-one has reported any major damage from Ophelia. There were some power outages but not in our area.

Thanks to everyone who responded to this post there are a lot of people on this site who care for others, that's what makes the GON great. :)
Glad to hear it. I was just watching the news talking about the storm hitting at Emerald Isle and was getting on here to send a bat signal and see if y'all were ok, and saw where you posted here.

oldfella1962

I have a daughter & granddaughters living in Virginia Beach, so I'm glad they didn't get affected in a major way.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
A buddy posted these from the VA coast, said the water got 6" in the garage and dropped. Some with power outage, but noting crazy.

outer bands of rain hit here @ 8 last night
IMG_3224.jpegIMG_3191.jpeg

oldfella1962

WOODIE13

WOODIE13

Latest posts