I’m black every month

Baroque Brass

Yesterday I saw a man wearing a t shirt making the above declaration. I find the statement absurd. With the possible exception of Michael Jackson, I’m pretty sure you will be the race of your heritage for your entire life. Some - usually democrats - have tried to “identify“ as members of another race for reasons of personal gain. I have no doubt the t shirt wearer will be quick to play the race and victim card when needed. Seeing his shirt, I knew I didn’t like him. Stuff like this does nothing to make race relations better in this country. Oh, and as expected, he was wearing a mask.

Just maybe the t shirt was satirical. Nah, I doubt it.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe it was his comment on his opinion of the silliness of Black History Month?

oldfella1962

Exactly what I was thinking.
Definitely a comment about Black History Month whether he's mocking it OR maybe making a statement that black history is so important that one month isn't enough - it could be an ongoing concern.

Last edited:

bullgator

I believe it’s a quote from Morgan Freeman who had an issue with BHM.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Pooh say it ever month fo him.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
I was standing in line at Walgreens today and the lady behind me kept talking about folks being racist toward her grandkids. I wanted so bad to turn around and tell her she was doing it to herself and her chillerns calling white folk racist. LAWD have mercy. Oh and I feel sure she has never worked a day in her life. Jess sayin. :bounce:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I was standing in line at Walgreens today and the lady behind me kept talking about folks being racist toward her grandkids. I wanted so bad to turn around and tell her she was doing it to herself and her chillerns calling white folk racist. LAWD have mercy. Oh and I feel sure she has never worked a day in her life. Jess sayin. :bounce:
If you've been programmed to think like a hammer, everything around you starts looking like a a nail.

buckpasser

I’m sure you’re right on both counts. I watched a video of Odell Beckham (NFL player) that had to be kicked off a commercial flight for various reasons. He could either just get up and leave peacefully, or sit there and let them remove everyone from the plane first, then make him leave. He chose the unload everyone route. An elderly man came by and made a comment to him to which he replied several times that he would never do anything to help him, a WHITE man. Over and over he emphasized what this WHITE man had said and done and went on a tirade. The old guy looked to by around 80. It’s quite alright to be racist as long as you’re not the hateful color, white.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I’m sure you’re right on both counts. I watched a video of Odell Beckham (NFL player) that had to be kicked off a commercial flight for various reasons. He could either just get up and leave peacefully, or sit there and let them remove everyone from the plane first, then make him leave. He chose the unload everyone route. An elderly man came by and made a comment to him to which he replied several times that he would never do anything to help him, a WHITE man. Over and over he emphasized what this WHITE man had said and done and went on a tirade. The old guy looked to by around 80. It’s quite alright to be racist as long as you’re not the hateful color, white.
Odell Beckham has an estimated net worth of $40,000,000. I don't have an 80th of that. Who is being discriminated against?

bullgator

I wore a black t-shirt today, so……I’m coo