I Almost Starved

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Had to spend a few days at deer camp roughing it with almost no food.

All I had to start my days was crap like this:

griddle.jpg

breakfast3.jpg

breakfast1.jpg

breakfast2.jpg

Then at night after a hard day's hunting, I had to squeak by on minimal calories and bland stuff. Like this 1 1/2 lb hamburger steak and oven-roasted garlic/rosemary taters:

hbsteak.jpg

Or bland things like blackened shrimp and dirty rice with bacon and Conecuh:

shrimp.jpg

dirtyrice.jpg

Or tiny deer burgers that would barely weigh 3/4 lb:

burger.jpg

To top it all off, the last night was barely subsistence. All I had left for rations was a porterhouse and some nasty ahi tuna:

tuna.jpg

steak.jpg

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
On top of all that, I had to look at boring, ugly scenery:

sunset.jpg

woods.jpg

I did not eat this:

joro.jpg

Nor these:

puppies.jpg

Meanwhile, back in NC, there was probably a fuzzy, elongated critter standing on his hind legs like an otter, sniffing, and sensing a disturbance in the force:

arlo.jpg

All in all, it was a horrible few days. I drug back home emaciated, malnourished, and thoroughly tired of nasty old nature and not being able to go to work. I survived, though, barely, somehow.

crackerdave

Had to spend a few days at deer camp roughing it with almost no food.

All I had to start my days was crap like this:

View attachment 1185941

View attachment 1185942

View attachment 1185943

View attachment 1185944

Then at night after a hard day's hunting, I had to squeak by on minimal calories and bland stuff. Like this 1 1/2 lb hamburger steak and oven-roasted garlic/rosemary taters:

View attachment 1185945

Or bland things like blackened shrimp and dirty rice with bacon and Conecuh:

View attachment 1185946

View attachment 1185947

Or tiny deer burgers that would barely weigh 3/4 lb:

View attachment 1185949

To top it all off, the last night was barely subsistence. All I had left for rations was a porterhouse and some nasty appetizers:

View attachment 1185950

View attachment 1185951
U made me drool

ol bob

Yon need to get some Ensure to help you get by until you can get some real food.;)

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
You do what you gotta do. I feel for ya. That's downright painful. :bounce: I know that little otter looking boy missed you. Bless him.

I do love a fuzzy, elongated critter. Best critters ever!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Yon need to get some Ensure to help you get by until you can get some real food.;)
I was lucky enough to have a good supply of bourbon to provide a few extra calories to keep me from flat-out collapsing.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
You do what you gotta do. I feel for ya. That's downright painful. :bounce: I know that little otter looking boy missed you. Bless him.

I do love a fuzzy, elongated critter. Best critters ever!
He growls at me and goes and hides under the bed when he sees me packing a bag. My buddy's current herd of wiener larvas there in the pic are something else, for sure. They will wear you out.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I'll be headed to camp next week. My beef jerky and pistachios just don't look as appetizing anymore.:confused:
I've camped with you enough times over the years to know that jerky and pistachios is a lie of epic proportions. :)

Hoss

You are one tough hombre to eat that poorly and still be walking And that scenery, how did you not gouge your eyes out?

oh and if your are tired of dealing with this, let me know, I will take a bullet and stand in for you.

Geffellz18

I do not know why any of us succumb ourselves to those torturous conditions during this time of year!
I feel for you, I really do.
When you want to not tourture yourself to that degree, I’ll make a concession to take over for a weekend or two to help you out!

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
Yep, it stinks having to be @NCHillbilly at hunting camp. There's no doubt of that. I've also heard it stinks being a lottery winner and good looking. I haven't won the lottery but I am good looking so I can honestly tell you it's worth it. :LOL:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, it stinks having to be @NCHillbilly at hunting camp. There's no doubt of that. I've also heard it stinks being a lottery winner and good looking. I haven't won the lottery but I am good looking so I can honestly tell you it's worth it. :LOL:
I sometimes wish that I had been born rich instead of so durn good looking.