I can't believe

James12

If they let that crazy man recruit and coach another 2-3, I think they’ll be just fine and a fun team to watch. Call me crazy

doenightmare

Gone But Not Forgotten
UNC ain't UGA but a good win none the less. I wasn't in favor of Sims coming in for Yates but he looked very good. If we could go .500 this year it would be marked progress.

GO JACKETS!

GTMODawg

BANNED
They both played Clemson about the same. Time will tell of course

UGA game planned and managed the game based on what Auburn with a lake was.....coupled with a UGA offense with some serious issues at the time against a very good / almost elite defense. GT and NC State had the luxury of planning and managing a game based on what Clem's son actually is.....a mediocre team at best with mediocre coaching and a lack of generational players at QB, WR and tailback. Comparing UGA / Auburn with a lake to open the season to what GT and NC State faced is not comparable.....Clem's son better get right quick or they lose at least 2 more this season.

DannyW

[QUOTE="GTMODawg, post: 13035675, member: 138241"...with mediocre coaching....[/QUOTE]

Dabo took over a program that for the previous 20 years was a 7-5 team, and put them the NC playoffs 6 years in a row, in the NC final game 4 of those years, and won the NC 2 times. His overall record is 142-35.

Mediocre? Really?

Kirby Smart took over a program that for the previous 15 years was a 10-2 team, has taken them to the NC playoffs once, and lost. But I'm sure you would never label Kirby as mediocre, or arguably, worse.

I happen to agree with some, maybe even most, of your post but when you call Dabo a mediocre coach, it's hard to take seriously.

You know I'm not a Clemson or Alabama homer, right? But I have to give them credit and respect where it is due. Saban and Dabo have earned it.

brownceluse

[QUOTE="GTMODawg, post: 13035675, member: 138241"...with mediocre coaching....

Dabo took over a program that for the previous 20 years was a 7-5 team, and put them the NC playoffs 6 years in a row, in the NC final game 4 of those years, and won the NC 2 times. His overall record is 142-35.

Mediocre? Really?

Kirby Smart took over a program that for the previous 15 years was a 10-2 team, has taken them to the NC playoffs once, and lost. But I'm sure you would never label Kirby as mediocre, or arguably, worse.

I happen to agree with some, maybe even most, of your post but when you call Dabo a mediocre coach, it's hard to take seriously.

You know I'm not a Clemson or Alabama homer, right? But I have to give them credit and respect where it is due. Saban and Dabo have earned it.[/QUOTE]
I don’t agree with Dani being mediocre at all! That’s just silly. As well as Kirby. Kirby came here to finish the drill so to speak. And he will!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Go Jackets!

DannyW

Go Jackets!

Better days ahead for GT fans, elfiii. But maybe not 1990 better, but better nonetheless.

I had a manager who got his doctorate degree in EE at GT. He played football for them and was a 2nd team All-American lineman in the 1950's. When I went to a GT game about 10 years ago, his picture was in the program as a major benefactor. (All this background is to establish that he is a person of some influence at GT.)

One day about 15 years ago, we were talking football and he told me that "GT will never win another national championship. They will never relax their academic standards to accommodate their sports programs. GT will always be an academics first college."

So far he has been right. :rockon:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
One day about 15 years ago, we were talking football and he told me that "GT will never win another national championship. They will never relax their academic standards to accommodate their sports programs. GT will always be an academics first college."

So far he has been right. :rockon:

Too bad GT's admins can't walk and chew gum at the same time, huh?:wink:

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Swinney has been a super coach and super recruiter. No doubt. But I think things started to change a little bit when he started playing the goofball clown. Break dancing on Twitter and flying dj ukelele around on a plane telling him "down there is where you gonna be throwing all them td's", whining about Lil ole Clemson and the acc schedule, and OSU schedule last yr. I don't know if he's lost his edge, but you look at Saban. Even his jokes are serious. He is the consummate professional. Never quits working. I see Kirby trending towards that in his pressers and interviews. Hope he keeps trending that way. He's growing up as a HC

Latest posts