I I planted yesterday, hope everything germinate

Jim Boyd

Think you are just fine and congratulations!!!!!

I try to wait til the commercial ag goes in, otherwise I get too many “early customers”...

Post up some pics, brother, when it gets going!

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I always wait till blackberry winter is over. Looks like it will start next week so I’ll plant my garden week after it’s over.

SRShunter

Would have taken a pic, but wasn't worth it. Bunch of stems, they have topped everything no sunflowers no icp's, and no soybeans. I do have some buckwheat here and there. Guessing they didn't eat it due to they've never seen it before. Gonna try and plant something around July and hope it makes it to August 15th for opening day. Rain will definitely be very important in that 100 degree weather

Jim Boyd

Would have taken a pic, but wasn't worth it. Bunch of stems, they have topped everything no sunflowers no icp's, and no soybeans. I do have some buckwheat here and there.

In our area, put in too early - the lawnmowers are just about going to get you.

Our herd is just too strong.

I generally wait til full green up and until some local ag goes in til I plant.

They can def like buckwheat, I will post up some before and after photos.

Good luck as the year goes along.

I am going to try to plant corn this weekend.

Gonna put in a blend of ICP, peredoviks and field corn probably starting mid May.

Will try to get in about 10-12 acres of the mix....

Good luck, brother SRS!

Jim Boyd

Any july blends yall would recommend?

I know some folks that just give up on summer plots in our area.

They drill in acres of beans on or around 1 August knowing they will get wiped out but also knowing they may be able to snipe a great velvet buck on 15 August.

SRShunter

I know some folks that just give up on summer plots in our area.

They drill in acres of beans on or around 1 August knowing they will get wiped out but also knowing they may be able to snipe a great velvet buck on 15 August.
That's my biggest sawtooth oak JB planted in dec of 2015. It was probably 4' time at the time of planting

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200423-203738_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20200423-203738_Messages.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 53

Jim Boyd

That's my biggest sawtooth oak JB planted in dec of 2015. It was probably 4' time at the time of planting

Wow!

Wow!

Love the tree and really love the pic with the kids!

Awesome work.

Is this tree producing yet?

Can not wait to get mine up like that!

shdw633

Hope the soil temps and stars are lined up correctly

How have your plots come out SRShunter? I was fortunate enough to plant last week right before the big storms that came through so the seeds got a good soaking. I then went in the next day and ran a drag over them to insure the seeds were all covered and then we got the rain yesterday so I am feeling pretty good about their chances of coming up great.

SRShunter

How have your plots come out SRShunter? I was fortunate enough to plant last week right before the big storms that came through so the seeds got a good soaking. I then went in the next day and ran a drag over them to insure the seeds were all covered and then we got the rain yesterday so I am feeling pretty good about their chances of coming up great.
They got murdered nothing but stems

SRShunter

This is my mix right in front of my camera and banks feeder which looks great. Only because they avoid that camera and feeder like the plague on that piece

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200501-055748_SPYPOINT LINK.jpg
    Screenshot_20200501-055748_SPYPOINT LINK.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 21

Jim Boyd

They got murdered nothing but stems

I call them the lawnmowers.

Within a few weeks we will have a new crop of small lawnmowers out there also.

I planted almost 3 acres of corn a week or so ago.

Gonna wait a few more weeks before doing anything else.

We are buying the seed and fertilizer this weekend.

We have some commercial corn and a few watermelons in around us so far but I would like to see some of the cotton, beans and peanuts go in before I plant.

Best of luck to all.

Latest posts