I need some Lake Oconee Crappie info FAST!!

Arrow3

Guys I am asking for some help for Oconee tomorrow. I'm sure a lot of yall remember Jody Hawk who was a regular on this forum from nearly the start. Well, Jody's 15 year old grandson has cancer and is going through his 2nd time of chemo. He has really been having a tough time as expected but tomorrow if he feels like it I'm taking them crappie fishing on Oconee. We will be long lining and are planning on going to Richland Creek unless someone tells us otherwise. If you'd like to pm me that will be fine and I'd also be glad to trade information about Clarks Hill if you're willing to help us...

Thank you.

KrappieKrane

Arrow3, I have a bud that fishes it regularly and according to his report, the fish are still in open water in the creeks which if is perfect for longlining. Start at the channel connections and go into the coves and you’ll find fish. Differ the depths and colors until you find what they want. Good luck and hope it’s a fun day for y’all.

Arrow3

Arrow3, I have a bud that fishes it regularly and according to his report, the fish are still in open water in the creeks which if is perfect for longlining. Start at the channel connections and go into the coves and you’ll find fish. Differ the depths and colors until you find what they want. Good luck and hope it’s a fun day for y’all.
Thank you!

crackerdave

Good advice.

Prayers from here,also...for the fish to bite and for Jody's grandson to have a fun day.He's a tough kid,to endure chemo and to do it again,I can't imagine.

Last edited:

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Try Sandy creek behind the island to get out of the wind or troll the creek channel back to the first bridge on Richland creek. Dark color jig bodies are what’s working well right now in the mud hole

Arrow3

Try Sandy creek behind the island to get out of the wind or troll the creek channel back to the first bridge on Richland creek. Dark color jig bodies are what’s working well right now in the mud hole
Thank you!

Arrow3

Thanks guys. We had a great day . Here is the link.