Ice Damage

deerhunter75

I just took a trip down to check my game cameras and the ice damage is major. Our property is in Meriweather county around Greenville. They have no power. The land owner said he lost his electricty Saturday around 4am and he still have no power. He said that about 40% of his pine trees lost their tops. The power crews are working down there. I talk to a crew that was from Alabama they said it would maybe Tuesday before they could get the power back on in that area.

deerhunter75

Carp

I spent all day picking up pine limbs and tops in the yard. Got about two more days of work left. :cry:

CathyW

We thought we'd dodged the bullet pretty well-lots of limbs down, and a smashed Direct TV dish. Then we woke up this morning to a 4 inch limb smashed up against my new SUV in the front yard where there weren't any trees-it had to have bounced off the roof from the back yard. Still thinking we were doing okay after I called the insurance folks. NOT!!! Went upstairs tonight to get my husband signed up for Woody's, when what to my wandering eye should appear but a hole in ceiling! My husband knew just which limb had done it-a whopping 6 inch one that we discovered down in the back yard at the roofline this morning, but thought that it had missed the house. Another call to the insurance agent! This was one bad ice storm. To make that hole in the ceiling the limb went through a metal roof, three layers of shingles, 3/4 inch plywood, insulation, and drywall. We still have ice all over the ground. It looks like the "tube" kind you get in some restaurants.