If God Held a Gun to Your Head....

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
...and told you that to atone for your wickedness, you could only fish one pattern of dry fly and one pattern of nymph the rest of your life, what would yours be?

I'd say mine would be a Yellow Palmer and a Pat's Rubber Legs.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I’m a mediocre trout fishermen at best. Get my fix on bass and bream.

Yellow Boogle Bug with a green rubber legged dragon trailer.

pbradley

Never caught a trout on a fly, wouldn't know where to start. I like catching bream on a black ant or a green foam bug like the old Schumann's stone flies.

Tight Lines

Man that's a tough one...for me, having fished a bunch of different waters it is hard...

Dry fly: Parachute Adams
Nymph: Flashback Pheasant Tail

I've caught everything from brookies in Labrador to cutthroat out West on those two and a bunch in between...hard to beat them...

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
That’s a tough one. I favor NCH’s picks and those would be my choice also but whitetailfreak’s picks are real deal sentimental flys for me from my childhood.

Concrete Pete

This is a good thread.

Dry: Elk hair caddis probably
Nymph: Spanish Bullet

I almost picked the squirmy wormy. The first fly I caught so many (stocked) fish on that I got bored with it.

Tight Lines

...and told you that to atone for your wickedness, you could only fish one pattern of dry fly and one pattern of nymph the rest of your life, what would yours be?

I'd say mine would be a Yellow Palmer and a Pat's Rubber Legs.
Don't have a lot of experience with either...but looking forward to trying them...