If I wanted to shoot for a score?

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Was about to type the same thing.
Make sure you’re not “peeking” At the shot. Focus on pulling your release elbow away from the bow. Holding the bow steady at the shot. Draw length could be a touch long, and/or you might be anchoring funny.

Or you just need to move your sight…lol
I shortened my draw length to 28” and moved the sight to the left just a touch. Shot a pathetic 232 this am with 2 O’s and only 1 X. I was actually all around the target better, but really struggled with fatigue and shaking. Been a long work week and I was pretty wiped out this when I started.
I did also turn up the weight a half turn(6 turns limited) which felt fine for a few shots when I did it. Thinking back, it probably was a bad idea and maybe my downfall. I’m gonna take it back down, try again tomorrow.

ddd-shooter

I shortened my draw length to 28” and moved the sight to the left just a touch. Shot a pathetic 232 this am with 2 O’s and only 1 X. I was actually all around the target better, but really struggled with fatigue and shaking. Been a long work week and I was pretty wiped out this when I started.
I did also turn up the weight a half turn(6 turns limited) which felt fine for a few shots when I did it. Thinking back, it probably was a bad idea and maybe my downfall. I’m gonna take it back down, try again tomorrow.
Leave it turned up. If your first few shots were good, your body will soon adjust. You may have to adjust your pins if you gained any measurable speed, though it may not have been significant enough to notice.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Leave it turned up. If your first few shots were good, your body will soon adjust. You may have to adjust your pins if you gained any measurable speed, though it may not have been significant enough to notice.
Ok, not really a problem pulling it back, but I was pretty fatigued when I started. I was definitely thinking too much throughout the round. Instead of just letting it happen, I was working on this or that…..I shouldn’t have been taking score.

ddd-shooter

Ok, not really a problem pulling it back, but I was pretty fatigued when I started. I was definitely thinking too much throughout the round. Instead of just letting it happen, I was working on this or that…..I shouldn’t have been taking score.
Now you have a baseline for when you’re distracted. So as you continue to improve, even the days when you’re not “all there” should get better.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Shot a 252 with 2 Xs this am. I know it’s nothing to be proud of, but I was thinking well…….which means not much at all. About half way through, I realized my anchor point wasn’t as good(bone on bone) as I wanted it, so I shortened my DL another half inch after the round. It feels a lot better, but Now I’m shooting 6” high! What the what? I got work to dofacepalm:

ASH556

Stick with it! Learning is happening!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Stick with it! Learning is happening!
I certainly am and trying to work on what I’m struggling with. Lately it is simply getting the pin on target. A simple tip I got about focusing on the target versus the pin, made a world of difference! I don’t ever expect to be good enough to shoot in the 290s, but I’m certainly going to try! I shot two rounds on this target and the change is obvious!
I still have not shot a perfect 30, but was very happy with the post round grouping!

313AB60F-ECF2-4815-AAD8-39072983741C.jpeg

ASH556

Keep up the good work!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Been shooting a lot lately and getting much stronger.……I turned it up another half turn yesterday After a round. It didn’t feel too difficult and shot a touch high as it should have.…..small adjustment and it’s dead on again.
No doubt doing this 3 shot thing has been one of the best things I’ve started Doing Post surgery! Instead of shooting maybe a dozen arrows, feeling tired and quitting, I have to keep shooting! Working past the fatigue, often times holding at full draw for really long periods of time intentionally.
I was really disappointed with my overall score when I added it up this am, but I got my first 30! That 19 was with an unscoreable shot :banginghe

54EBAF4D-6B27-4E03-AD73-5B65EDE24363.jpeg

ASH556

Awesome, congrats on your first 30!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Have yet to get another 30, but have Had a few 29s with 2 Xs……I’m after that XXX!
Shooting for a score has made me send a lot more arrows down range than I normally would. I’m shooting everyday, through fatigue and as a result, my upper body/shoulders have never felt stronger. I do always stretch before during and after slinging arrows…..got to get the cricks out!
After a round yesterday, I turned it up, thinking it was a half turn to the end and I wanted to get there. It was a full turn, but I figured I’d pull it back and see. I had no problems with it and after a break, I shot another round. I could certainly feel the fatigue afterwards but this AM, Im feeling good again.
I need a second target and will probably get one today.