If it ain't one thing it's another.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
Prayers for recovery and healing

Dub

I feel your pain. I tore some cartilage in my knee a few weeks ago and when they did a MRI the found a tumor on my femur above the left knee. This morning I am at the hospital for a full body scan looking for anymore.
Hopefully you have a full speedy recovery.

@krizia829 hit the mail on the head….that may have been a blessing that lead to discovery of worse.

Get well, man. Sputtering around on bad sticks sucks outright.

Dub

I'm still trying to get over my spinal surgery, then last week l go and have a heart attack. Right now I'm in a hospital in Vidalia . It's a long story if I live will share it.

When you get healed up and back after things……some of us are gonna be here looking for your load data for the lightweight 243 Win that you adopt temporarily for a season or two before you get back to the hotter smokepoles. :rofl:

I’m gonna go ahead and get my brass prepped and ready…..

Seroiusly….hang in there.
Stay tough.

tcward

I'm still trying to get over my spinal surgery, then last week l go and have a heart attack. Right now I'm in a hospital in Vidalia . It's a long story if I live will share it.
Prayers for you brother! It’s gonna be fine!

deerslayer357

Prayers for darknorse and snooker. Hope y’all both have a full and speedy recovery.

rosewood

Prayers sent!

Darkhorse

Not much to share really. It wasn't what I thought a heart attack would be like, but there are different kinds and levels I guess. So I got lucky.
I put my wife in the Hospital with a high sugar problem so I was doing everything around the place. But this time I could do a little bit then had to quit because I was exhausted. I mean really exhausted. Then I started seeing and hearing things that wasn't there.
About this time they transferred the wife from ICU to a private room and found she had Covid.
The next day things were worse so I called the emergency room and asked what the symptoms of Covid were, about half sounded like what I was feeling. So I called 911 and they came and picked me up. In the emergency room I could hardly breath laying there. They took cultures then told me I didn't have covid instead I had a heart attack. And they were sending me to another facility for better treatment.
The new place was the Meadows Hospital in Vidalia Georgia, a real nice place, with good doctors and nurses. They did clean out one artery (can't remember what the process is called) I got lucky because the amount of crud in my veins was not high enough to justify surgery. Instead they are treating it with drugs.
My son brought me home after a few days. I'm weak and unstable but getting stronger every day.
I had no chest pains. No tightness. No arm pain.
I was lucky. And maybe a little smarter.

The weight of my rifles is now a real problem. I can hardly hold them to my shoulder. My old shooting form is impossible to hold and maintain. The lightest rifle I have is a .44 Ruger Auto carbine. I might carry it the few times I get to go this year.
I'm not sure I can handle my flintlocks at all.
Sorry Dub. No more .243's for me. Maybe a 6.5 Creedmor though. It has a larger diameter.

deerslayer357

Glad you are on the mend. Hope you find a way to be able to enjoy some of the deer season. Continued prayers for a full recovery

sbroadwell

Glad you are bouncing back! I didn't go quite all the way to a heart attack, but back in 2007 I was feeling sort of like that. I went in for a procedure where they run something up inside your heart and look, arthroscopy, I think. I had a blockage. They put a stent in, put me on a couple of meds, and I've been fine for 16 years now. So, there is hope that you will get completely back to normal!