I'm mad! Why must you kill small bucks?

my goal first and foremost is to put meat in the freezer and i dont get a lot of time in the woods due to havin two small children, work and a wife in school. if i see a big buck, thats fine but when the opportunity comes a knockin, i aint gonna let it walk on by just so some other hunter can hang him on the wall:biggrin3:

SU1HMDAxNTAuanBn.jpg

this is from last weekend. gonna taste good

Last edited:

Phil

I hunt WMAs. I'd let the small bucks go if they had more doe days. Got to eat though.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
I see someone is diggin up bones!

:whip:

YellowKnife

I don't shoot little deer anymore since I got me a bigger light!!::ke::stir:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
anybody body can go shoot just a deer.....

You've never hunted much outside the "deer are like rats" belt of south central Georgia, have you? Try hunting National Forest mountain land where you're lucky to see any kind of legal deer in two-three weeks of hunting, much less get a shot at it. Young'uns nowadays are spoilt. :bounce:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
You've never hunted much outside the "deer are like rats" belt of south central Georgia, have you? Try hunting National Forest mountain land where you're lucky to see any kind of legal deer in two-three weeks of hunting, much less get a shot at it. Young'uns nowadays are spoilt. :bounce:

Let Obama get re-elected and hunting turn from a sport to a means of survival and see how many bone hunters remain. ;)

Oh Y'all... I've boiled 'em and I've boiled 'em... racks DO NOT get tender. Personally, I like 'em better when they have spots on their coat. Some of Y'all don't like that, you can kiss my grits.

bigelow

Executive Chef at Billy's Bistro
what is a small deer a 5 yr old with small antlers big body...or a 1.5 with a small body same antlers

pushplow

2 reasons:
They cook up real good, and
If I don't shoot them on my small acreage, the neighbors that join me will!

Killer Kyle

One of the best lines I have read on here: "I've seen plenty of people worship antlers, but I've never seen anyone eat them". Last time I checked, hunting began as a means of obtaining food. I doubt very much that native americans said "yeah, I'm literally starving and want to feed my village, but I'm gonna let that one walk". Outdoors T.V. has perverted what hunting really is. Just like deer hunting, a brook trout I catch might only be eight inches long, but thats a bruiser of a brookie, and its a trophy to me. Hunting an animal for its antlers is backwards. And what about the youth we introduce to hunting. They can't afford pay hunts and QDMA hunting leases. So are you saying that if an eight year old kills his first deer/spike, that it is any less of a trophy than the artifical trophies people like you breed on high end hunting leases? Lets get back to the basics, the fundamentals of hunting. Hunting is about meat, and about the experience. Some of my finest trophies may not be a trophy by any one else's standards. To demean another's trophy simply based on antler size is disrespectful. He may not have the same resources you do. Food for thought: The way you view this person....might be the same way many of us view you.