I'm mad! Why must you kill small bucks?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Seems like the baby buck killers get more “tore up” about what folks kill than anybody else….
:rofl: :rofl: Sure thing, bud. Yeah, I guess that's why we push through antler restrictions that affect every single hunter in the state or county and force them to hunt like us, and formulate ten pages of rules on hunting clubs about what you can shoot and what you can't, and go around berating and putting down our neighbors who don't have the same "management goals" that we do? Yeah, that's all us that worry all the time about what everybody else shoots, for sure. I don't care how you hunt or what buck you shoot, and I don't need you telling me what I can shoot on my own place, either.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Because it is very easy so easy anyone can do it.
So? I don't deer hunt to prove my manliness and try to surmount obstacles, or further my affirmation goals to better myself and outdo other people. I am a hunter. I like to hunt deer. I like to eat deer.

And as for easy, come up here on the national forest in a county where 25 deer were killed on public land last year, and tell me how easy it it and how anybody can do it. I could kill a big ol' trophy in many places I've hunted easier than I can kill a spike here on NF land. Do you select for mature doves and rabbits and squirrels? And the same folks who usually holler this mess go and slaughter does for the freezer. That seems pretty easy to me. Then they gripe about the coyotes ated all their deer, when it was them that did.

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
So? I don't deer hunt to prove my manliness and try to surmount obstacles, or further my affirmation goals to better myself and outdo other people. I am a hunter. I like to hunt deer. I like to eat deer.

And as for easy, come up here on the national forest in a county where 25 deer were killed on public land last year, and tell me how easy it it and how anybody can do it. I could kill a big ol' trophy in many places I've hunted easier than I can kill a spike here on NF land. Do you select for mature doves and rabbits and squirrels? And the same folks who usually holler this mess go and slaughter does for the freezer. That seems pretty easy to me. Then they gripe about the coyotes ated all their deer, when it was them that did.
Preach it.
Aint shooting any does on my place this season. Going to shoot 3 bucks to fill my freezer.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I think his statement was in jest.
He just answered why you most shoot little bucks. Most places in Ga where legal ain’t hard to get a any size buck. My grand kids have a good time.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I think his statement was in jest.
He just answered why you most shoot little bucks. Most places in Ga where legal ain’t hard to get a any size buck. My grand kids have a good time.
All of us ain't most places in GA. It'll take you three weeks of hard work to kill a forkhorn here. In our three week deer season. If you're lucky. Carry on with the self-righteousness. And keep telling me what I need to shoot. I ain't listening. Spike bucks are delicious, and we need every doe we have. I don't give a crap about a mounted deer head these days.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
3 bucks?
Did I miss that in the regulations?
Heck yeah
I can kill two here, and four in SC. I shoot two, sometimes three a year. That's the amount of meat I need.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
All of us ain't most places in GA. It'll take you three weeks of hard work to kill a forkhorn here. If you're lucky. Carry on with the self-righteousness. And keep telling me what I need to shoot. I ain't listening. Spike bucks are delicious, and we need every doe we have. I don't give a crap about a mounted deer head these days.
I don’t care either. I was just stating how the post may of been.
This is for the most part ga based hunting and was saying what our laws are.
I ain’t told u nothing. :rofl:
Said most county’s 1 any size buck.
1with 4 points at least a inch long.
Said our area one any size. The other as stated. Not my rule but Ga law.

I’m not sure that you just like to argue.

My post was the thread title.
I’m mad ! Why must u shoot little bucks ?

He said.
Because it is very easy so easy anyone can do it.

I don’t know how he meant it.
Ga. Ain’t hard most of the state !
We shoot any size in the yard. Guess we lucky we ain’t hunting that NF up there.

Ok strike me down now.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I don’t care either. I was just stating how the post may of been.
This is for the most part ga based hunting and was saying what our laws are.
I ain’t told u nothing. :rofl:
Said most county’s 1 any size buck.
1with 4 points at least a inch long.
Said our area one any size. The other as stated. Not my rule but Ga law.

I’m not sure that you just like to argue.

My post was the thread title.
I’m mad ! Why must u shoot little bucks ?

He said.

I don’t know how he meant it.
Ga. Ain’t hard most of the state !
We shoot any size in the yard. Guess we lucky we ain’t hunting that NF up there.

Ok strike me down now.
Can I come hunt on your easy place and shoot your small bucks? ::ke:

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Can I come hunt on your easy place and shoot your small bucks? ::ke:
Maybe. If that’s what u want. Get a ga lic. I shot one from the house. The bullet even went thru the barn on one corner right past the pontoon boat. You can sit in the pontoon boat if u like. It’s under the pole barn. Make a nice stand.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe. If that’s what u want. Get a ga lic. I shot one from the house. The bullet even went thru the barn on one corner right past the pontoon boat. You can sit in the pontoon boat if u like. It’s under the pole barn. Make a nice stand.
You can come here and walk five miles. And sit behind a laurel bush. For eight days. And not see nothing. Then you can lecture me about shooting small bucks. And I'll tell you to smooch my buttocks. While I'm eating fried spike buck. :bounce:

Jimmypop

This year's catch. Which one should I have thrown back?

Attachments

• IMG_20221123_071947203.jpg
    IMG_20221123_071947203.jpg
    295.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20221210_073549732 (2).jpg
    IMG_20221210_073549732 (2).jpg
    301.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20230101_080126160_HDR (1).jpg
    IMG_20230101_080126160_HDR (1).jpg
    294.6 KB · Views: 15

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
You can come here and walk five miles. And sit behind a laurel bush. For eight days. And not see nothing. Then you can lecture me about shooting small bucks. And I'll tell you to smooch my buttocks. While I'm eating fried spike buck. :bounce:
Your doing the lecturing.
I eat spikes knot heads 3 PT 4 PT’s 5 PT’s 6pts and so on.
If I want I shoot them in the head or neck or the heart or lung.

Glynr

Come on you can give a 10 year old a gun that has never hunted in his life and he can kill a little buck.it is not even a challenge. The reason you have no deer and it is a challenge is because everyone has killed them all. Not hard to figure that out.