In honor of the upcoming Father's Day.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
My “Pap” , grandfather, showed me what it was to be a good, kind and caring man. I miss him every day. We spent many days fishing the river together.

IMG_0443.jpeg

Hillbilly stalker

Last picture of me an my dad. We went up to see him in January, had no ideal I would lose him in February, so I guess this will be my favorite. Good honest, God fearing down to earth man. Be my 1st Fathers dad without him. Hope I can be even half the man he was.kZGNM6Q0QSeScJFcrJCBOA.jpeg

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
I lost my mother to cancer when I was young, but I am very thankful to still have my father, who will be 88 this September. This man means the world to me. We have always gotten along with one another. My only hunting and fishing buddy, and one of the finest men you'll ever meet. Everyone likes my dad. This joker will crack you up, too. And don't let that old age fool you, he is still sharp as a tack.

Joker loves to fish and hunt, but hasn't done much the last few years after some health issues. We still ride in them woods a lot, though. As long as we both still have a beating heart, we're going in them woods!

I could post pics all night, but will spare y'all! :bounce:

Old Navy pic. Dang shame it got in such bad condition.
4.JPG

Dad and I at deer camp. That's dad wearing the hat. :bounce:

Dad&I (3).JPG

Dad&I (1).JPG

Working on one of his hunting ladders a few years ago. Getting it ready for deer season.
7.JPG

1.JPG
3.JPG
8.JPG
12.JPG

I love you, buddy!

slow motion

Far from home and no pics with me. Pop passed in spring 08 just a little before his 70th birthday. I've posted this before but when my stepmom passed in May 21 we had to clean out the house. I found among a few other things Pop's old thermos. I take it with me hunting. It's big and bulky and not very attractive by most peoples standards but I wouldn't have it any other way. Here's from October last year. Love you Pop.

Screenshot_20230617-084822_Adblock Browser.jpgScreenshot_20230617-084810_Adblock Browser.jpgScreenshot_20230617-084621_Adblock Browser.jpg

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I was blessed to have two grandfathers influence my life. This is my Mom’s Dad. Gunners mate in WWII, he volunteered for UDT, blew up obstacles to landing craft. He took me in during a dark time in my life. I’ll never forget those steel Pflueger rods and bait casting reels with braided line he taught me to fish with. He drove a truck hauling rolled steel most of his adult life. He had huge hands yet was so kind. Died of emphysema, I think of him much and the lessons he taught.

IMG_0341.jpeg

ADDICTED2HUNTIN

F68386B7-FF49-41E2-8D9E-08539776E36A.jpeg
Can’t say it’s my favorite pic of my dad, but it’s the last one I ever took of him. The cancer had him not looking like himself in this pic, but this was a special day and dads last hunt. He went to be with the Lord one month and one day after this picture was taken.
Miss you every day, dad. Love you

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
My momma decided to leave early in my life and my daddy raised me as best he could. Taught me hunting and how to be a good man. That’s me and him with my first deer, then him with my youngest. We lost my older brother when he was 9 but now I’ve been blessed with two sons. Little bit of grace in that I think. Pops has Parkinson’s now, it’s hard to watch a strong man fade.
Honorable mention to my late pa in law. That’s him holding my oldest, miss that man daily.
Happy Father’s Day.2C9B1728-8D2E-4CA1-812D-6CE87E008450.jpeg3EC74B49-D62C-4558-8A83-268C1F663D29.jpeg1673ADD5-67FD-474D-89E5-16507912F800.png9DABDF70-DB08-4505-8BFB-2ED9CFE72C9C.png