Iron Bowl week.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

ameme1-610x321.jpg

Designasaurus

I believe I will have to give the edge to Auburn right now. After what they did to us, hard not to go with them. Plus, Auburn is at home, SEC championship and possible playoff on the line, the crowd will be extra juiced for this one and may end up being the difference maker.

Going with the Tigers to pull off the mild upset by winning a close one on the Plains.

Auburn 23
Bama 20

This! WDE Either way I think it should be a great game!

Matthew6

Banned thug
I believe I will have to give the edge to Auburn right now. After what they did to us, hard not to go with them. Plus, Auburn is at home, SEC championship and possible playoff on the line, the crowd will be extra juiced for this one and may end up being the difference maker.

Going with the Tigers to pull off the mild upset by winning a close one on the Plains.

Auburn 23
Bama 20

This! WDE Either way I think it should be a great game!

i agree. im giving the edge to the barn too. i will obviously be pleased with a bama win. ::fine:

Dudley Do-Wrong

I haven't posted here in a very long time, some may remember me by my previous name, David Mills (which is my actual name).

I can see so many scenarios with this game and I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried. The barn seems to be peeking while my Tide is limping, especially at this LB position. If Bama had no serious injury problems and plays their A game, the Tide wins easily. But the injuries play into AU's strength, their running game.

But, the Barn has been inconsistent, didn't exactly bury ULM, didn't dominate Mercer, and was beaten by LSU (who lost to Troy). I expect AU to be fired up to start the game. Bama will have to take the crowd out of the game. To do that, some young players will have to step up and play the game of their life. Dylan Moses looks to be the next defensive star on Bama's defense and I expect to see a solid game from him

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
I haven't posted here in a very long time, some may remember me by my previous name, David Mills (which is my actual name).

I can see so many scenarios with this game and I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried. The barn seems to be peeking while my Tide is limping, especially at this LB position. If Bama had no serious injury problems and plays their A game, the Tide wins easily. But the injuries play into AU's strength, their running game.

But, the Barn has been inconsistent, didn't exactly bury ULM, didn't dominate Mercer, and was beaten by LSU (who lost to Troy). I expect AU to be fired up to start the game. Bama will have to take the crowd out of the game. To do that, some young players will have to step up and play the game of their life. Dylan Moses looks to be the next defensive star on Bama's defense and I expect to see a solid game from him

Hope you are doing well David. ROLL TIDE!!!

MCBUCK

meteor game

Lukikus2

Crazy stupid stuff about B'ham kept the bowl there while there was a new field sitting down there for years. I never met one person that lived around that neighborhood that looked forward to it. So is the Iron Man still standing? Haven't been through there in a while.

weagle

Crazy stupid stuff about B'ham kept the bowl there while there was a new field sitting down there for years. I never met one person that lived around that neighborhood that looked forward to it. So is the Iron Man still standing? Haven't been through there in a while.

Legion field was such a dump. I'd rather play on straight asphalt than that pieced together astro turf ankle breaker.

The home / home series also prompted bama to upgrade Bryant Denny.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
An Alabama fan and an Auburn fan and a Chinaman where in the delivery room one late night in Alabama.
When the doctor finally poked his head out, he said, "Gentlemen, I have good news and I have bad news. Everybody's baby was born healthy, but because they were born at nearly the exact same time, we got the paperwork mixed up. I'll need you to come into the nursery so we can decide whose baby is whose."
When the men arrived in the nursery, the Alabama fan immediately scooped up the Oriental baby and said, "This one's mine, I can tell. Ain't no doubt about it."
And upon noticing the immediate puzzled looks from the other fathers, he doubled down, " I'm positively sure, and my wife's going to be thrilled. I'd like to take him with me to see her. Can I go now?"
The responsible doctor did the professional thing and asked the Alabama father for a private meeting. "Why are you asking acting this way", he asked. "It is easy to see that this baby is not yours."
"Yes, I know. But those other two are kind of hard to tell apart and I just can't take those odds on getting an Auburn baby!", was the reply...

Last edited:

weagle

With Miami's implosion today; I think some of the pressure is off of bama. I think they make the 4 team playoff even if Auburn wins tomorrow.

Dudley Do-Wrong

Legion field was such a dump. I'd rather play on straight asphalt than that pieced together astro turf ankle breaker.

The home / home series also prompted bama to upgrade Bryant Denny.

Didn't Auburn play in the Birmingham bowl a couple of years ago?

I agree, Legion field is a dump, it's in a bad section of town and parts of the stadium have been condemned

Dudley Do-Wrong

With Miami's implosion today; I think some of the pressure is off of bama. I think they make the 4 team playoff even if Auburn wins tomorrow.

That's a possibility. If AU runs the table from here on out, Obama's loss to Auburn would be the best loss among one loss teams.