Is Glock making gen 1’s again?

specialk

seems like it...comes with a commentative box and it is stamped ''GEN1''

transfixer

Glock seems to do their own thing on deciding which models to make, and what to update and what not to update , they are bulletproof no doubt ! but for the most part they refuse to make the changes that customers want , Perfect example is the G44 22lr, an expensive 22lr pistol with a 10rd capacity that was plagued with issues from the getgo ,,, even Taurus makes a better 22lr pistol !

and the G45, full size grip, compact length barrel, instead of what many concealed carry people want,, a full size barrel and compact grip ! Glock design department is stuck in a time warp !

Robert28

Glock seems to do their own thing on deciding which models to make, and what to update and what not to update , they are bulletproof no doubt ! but for the most part they refuse to make the changes that customers want , Perfect example is the G44 22lr, an expensive 22lr pistol with a 10rd capacity that was plagued with issues from the getgo ,,, even Taurus makes a better 22lr pistol !

and the G45, full size grip, compact length barrel, instead of what many concealed carry people want,, a full size barrel and compact grip ! Glock design department is stuck in a time warp !
I can’t confirm this, only heard it, but the only reason the Glock 45 became a thing is the interest in the 19x and police departments wanting one but in black. They claim it would save time drawing from the holster. I agree though, Glock seems to do their own thing and doesn’t care what anyone wants.

Gator89

I have both a TX 22 and a G44, I cannot say that my TX22 with the standard upper is better than my G44. There are lots of complaints about TX22's keyholing, which mine has done. The factory guide rod and mainspring on the TX22 could damage the upper assembly, solution being to buy an aftermarket guide rod and spring.

Taurus may have addressed these issues, but I opted to buy Lakeline parts and sights and not argue with Taurus.

Purchasing a competition upper conversion for my TX22 improved it 100 fold and made it a better gun that my G44 and the standard upper sits in the safe unused these days.

YMMV

Robert28

I'd say they have a pretty good idea what everyone wants. They've had the number 1 selling handgun in America for how many years now?
Oh yeah definitely. I always buy a new gen Glock 19 when they’re released. I’ve had a 3, 4 and 5. I have a good many guns, but my bedside bump in the night it’s about to hit the fan gun will always be a Glock.

rosewood

Interesting, my TX22 has been flawless. Buddy of mine has like 6000+ rounds thru his and no issues.

He also used to be a hardcore Glock guy. He is now warming up to the M&Ps and says they are better than the Glocks he used to hold dear.

Rosewood

transfixer

I'd say they have a pretty good idea what everyone wants. They've had the number 1 selling handgun in America for how many years now?

They sell cause they're "idiot" proof , and Lord knows we have plenty of idiots in this country , they are bulletproof as I said, and I still own a Gen 4 23 that I'll probably never part with, but for carrying I'll likely never change from the p365 that occupies that position now .

They sell also because of their reputation, and the fact that many LE departments issue them, they issue them for two reasons, one being their dependability, and two their "idiot" proofness ,,, even a person totally unfamiliar with guns can pick up a Glock, and manipulate it and shoot it .

RamblinWreck88

Useles Billy ain’t got nothing on ME !

"What's that? The next generation of micro-Compact 9's? Nah, we're sticking with the single-stack G43! Springfield, Sig, S&W, Ruger, and Taurus are all crazy!" :bounce:

hdgapeach

Glock 'Perfection' :)...
Big, medium, small... they all get it done, and in a pile of caliber choices. Folks love to hate them for whatever reasons, but hey, Glock got it done right and everyone else had to catch up with their own version of a plastic handgun. I'm not a Glock 'fanboi' either. I've just had to tote one on my hip since the 90's for a paycheck. I personally have many brands and styles of handguns, but the Glocks are what I carry on (and off) duty everyday.

You can modify them, but you run the risk of screwing it up. Just my opinion but it seems all the other plastics get modified and accessorized almost as soon as they are taken out of their box to get them to run right.

And, Glocks are the easiest to clean. Tear it down, put the small parts in a cricket tube and throw it all in the dishwasher on the pots and pans cycle :ROFLMAO:

transfixer

Glock 'Perfection' :)...
Big, medium, small... they all get it done, and in a pile of caliber choices. Folks love to hate them for whatever reasons, but hey, Glock got it done right and everyone else had to catch up with their own version of a plastic handgun. I'm not a Glock 'fanboi' either. I've just had to tote one on my hip since the 90's for a paycheck. I personally have many brands and styles of handguns, but the Glocks are what I carry on (and off) duty everyday.

You can modify them, but you run the risk of screwing it up. Just my opinion but it seems all the other plastics get modified and accessorized almost as soon as they are taken out of their box to get them to run right.

And, Glocks are the easiest to clean. Tear it down, put the small parts in a cricket tube and throw it all in the dishwasher on the pots and pans cycle :ROFLMAO:

as I said,, they're "idiot proof"

I have a family member who is LE, has been for a while, works in a unit where many times he's plainclothes, his department's answer to plainclothes/undercover issue is a G43, 7 rounds, when the people they deal with are carrying things with 12-15rds, many times they are on their own, without a partner, his superiors say they can't get approval for p365's, the person procuring firearms for the department is stuck on Glocks

Last edited:

Robert28

I have a family member who is LE, has been for a while, works in a unit where many times he's plainclothes, his department's answer to plainclothes/undercover issue is a G43, 7 rounds, when the people they deal with are carrying things with 12-15rds, many times they are on their own, without a partner, his superiors say they can't get approval for p365's, the person procuring firearms for the department is stuck on Glocks
Wonder why they just don’t issue the 43x?

hdgapeach

Agencies in Georgia get a heck of a deal when they shop 'Glock'. Supporting the home team has advantages. My G43 is routinely on my ankle. The G45 on my hip. I liked it a lot better when we could use our primary magazines in our backup (back when we carrier .40 cal, and even the GAP). Fortunately, the magazine capacity we carry now makes the backup way down on the list unless something drastic happens.

Reactions: Dub

transfixer

Agencies in Georgia get a heck of a deal when they shop 'Glock'. Supporting the home team has advantages. My G43 is routinely on my ankle. The G45 on my hip. I liked it a lot better when we could use our primary magazines in our backup (back when we carrier .40 cal, and even the GAP). Fortunately, the magazine capacity we carry now makes the backup way down on the list unless something drastic happens.

yeah, the odd thing is one of the options he has for wintertime UC work is a Ruger lcr 357, works much better if you have to shoot it while still in your coat pocket, lol

Jester896

Senior Clown
:) I think the Glock will fire at least once...my luck something would get caught between the hammer and frame to keep it from firing D/A

Robert28

I will say my first Glock was a Glock 23 gen 3 that was a dud. It would stove pipe at least once in every mag, every time you shot it. I tried everything, let others shoot it, tried every type of ammo I could think of, even bought two new mags. Same problem. Finally sent it back to Glock and didn’t hear anything for a few weeks. Glock gets in touch with me and says to go to my ffl I bought it from and pick out another Glock on them. So I got a 19 and never had an issue with another Glock since. Still to this day I don’t know what was wrong with that gun and they didn’t say, but they made it right so that’s all you can ask.