Is it just me,

snooker1

Is it just me, the quality experience iI used to get going to doctors is gone. It seems more like they want to throw medication at you get their co-pay and get you out the door. I have experienced this with my primary care provider and my cardiologist.

Is anyone else experiencing this.

SarahFair

I had to take my son to urgent care today actually because his coach said he possibly had ringworm and needed it to be cleared up asap and a release form signed.

Waited 45 minutes past my appointment time, Dr came in, put gloves on, poked it, said it wasn't ringworm, wrote a prescription, filled out the release form, and left the room.
He was there less than 3 minutes.

A few minutes later discharge nurse walks in, hands us a bulk of paperwork and shows us the door.

I look up the prescription...
It's antibiotic ointment you can get over the counter, which I have in my medicine basket at home :rolleyes:

And to top it off the Dr took off and left me without the release form.
I figured it was with all the discharge papers, should have looked.
I'm exhausted with these Dr's offices. :cautious:

basshappy

BANNED
Is it just me, the quality experience iI used to get going to doctors is gone. It seems more like they want to throw medication at you get their co-pay and get you out the door. I have experienced this with my primary care provider and my cardiologist.

Is anyone else experiencing this.

Went to an urgent care facility with friend who was sick. NP basically did everything, and paperwork had doctor's note and signature- I questioned NP about who is this phantom doctor? I said we aren't leaving until said doctor pays us a personal visit. Y'all want to cha-ching us, well yer gonna earn our $$$. 10 minutes later phantom doctor appeared. Start nice so you have room to move, but get what you pay for.

earlthegoat2

Very few medical organizations will tolerate a practitioner who tries to actually get someone better rather than peddling their incentivized big pharma drugs and making sure the patient comes back soon.

Capitalism and health care do not seem to mix well.

I don’t have a good solution to share though.

transfixer

Very few medical organizations will tolerate a practitioner who tries to actually get someone better rather than peddling their incentivized big pharma drugs and making sure the patient comes back soon.

Capitalism and health care do not seem to mix well.

I don’t have a good solution to share though.

This ^^^

Any Doctor who belongs to a conglomerate organization, that runs multiple hospitals or clinics does NOT focus on curing or fixing the patient, their focus is on selling services, tests, screens, procedures, and handing out prescriptions that Big Pharma is pushing,

If they fix you, or cure you, you no longer make them money! they are financially invested in pushing tests, vaccines, and procedures whether you need them or not !

Anvil Head

Don't forget the insurance companies. They are definitely in the $$$$ loop or we wouldn't be constantly bombarded with the TV ads concerning Medicare/Medicade/etc.

SarahFair

Just an update on my dealings from last night...
They didn't upload the paperwork to my chart, have no idea where it is, and I've been on hold for 10 minutes now :banana:

Oldstick

Yes definitely. My wife out of the blue received a certified letter last year from her primary doctor saying she was being dismissed from the practice. It was some generic form letter with the gist of "Your medical needs do not fit my philosophy of medical practice." The date on the letter was even 2006 where they had forgotten to update that before printing.

We were confused and our only thought was it might be due to a recent appointment where she had left the office before they were finished. There was confusion that day mostly caused by a misunderstanding and miscommunication on the part of the doctor's staff when setting up the appointment.

Tried to call several times getting brushed off with refusal to give any explanation. Then I even wrote the doctor a letter stating my wife was owed a proper explanation for why they dismissed her. I even included the details of why my wife was confused about what was going on at that appointment.

Absolutely no response.

Therefore my conclusion is that the true reason was "Your medical needs are too varied and complicated. I only want easy patients that will come in, get their routine check-ups, fork over the money and leave until the next time."

Funny thing is she rarely ever even saw the doctor in question. It was most always one of the NPs and it was an NP the day of that particular appointment as well.

Oldstick

And since I am not making any of this up, except for the 5th paragraph which is only my opinion. Plus I have all the documents to prove it so I don't mind posting the name of the place. It might be different if they had bothered to give us a true explanation.

Vineville Internal Medicine with offices in Macon, Perry and maybe other locations.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
My doctor pretty cool. Talks about how is everyone. His assistant lady gives me a hug. They ask if I’ve killed anything yet. I show pics of the family kills.
Along with why I’m there. He has helped my gout and Arthritis tremendously. He stays busy !

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
They want to see you to refill a RX. got a bill for 250.00 to ask for a refill. I try not to go to the doctor anymore. It's aweful.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
My doctor pretty cool. Talks about how is everyone. His assistant lady gives me a hug. They ask if I’ve killed anything yet. I show pics of the family kills.
Along with why I’m there. He has helped my gout and Arthritis tremendously. He stays busy !
We had one like that. Him and H22 would talk bout hunting and stuff. All the ladies in the office were the sweetest. Doc passed away and everything went to Piedmont Medical. They can't even keep a staff long.

Lilly001

I had a conversation with my Florida GP doctor. (I’ve been with him over 30 years)
He left his old practice (joint with other doctors) because the group had been bought out by a larger concern that was interesTed in making the most money and not patient care.
His new practice unfortunately has the same goals.
He related that they wanted him to diagnose diabetic patients with a certain condition so they could implement a series of testing that would earn the practice 3500$ per patient.
He is looking for another group. He doesn’t, at his age, want to open his own practice.

transfixer

I had a conversation with my Florida GP doctor. (I’ve been with him over 30 years)
He left his old practice (joint with other doctors) because the group had been bought out by a larger concern that was interesTed in making the most money and not patient care.
His new practice unfortunately has the same goals.
He related that they wanted him to diagnose diabetic patients with a certain condition so they could implement a series of testing that would earn the practice 3500$ per patient.
He is looking for another group. He doesn’t, at his age, want to open his own practice.

I firmly believe that goes on in the majority of practices these days

BeerThirty

I take up several issues with the current healthcare system. But my biggest cringe is that doctors flat out don't seem to care about the costs involved with their services. They just expect that you will throw your endless supply of money at whatever they recommend. Sadly, many have the attitude of "if you have to ask, you can't afford it".

I fully understand that their resentment is a byproduct of dealing with all the nuances with insurance, but they sure don't seem to go out of their way to make it any easier for the patient.

JonathanG2013

I had to take my son to urgent care today actually because his coach said he possibly had ringworm and needed it to be cleared up asap and a release form signed.

Waited 45 minutes past my appointment time, Dr came in, put gloves on, poked it, said it wasn't ringworm, wrote a prescription, filled out the release form, and left the room.
He was there less than 3 minutes.

A few minutes later discharge nurse walks in, hands us a bulk of paperwork and shows us the door.

I look up the prescription...
It's antibiotic ointment you can get over the counter, which I have in my medicine basket at home :rolleyes:

And to top it off the Dr took off and left me without the release form.
I figured it was with all the discharge papers, should have looked.
I'm exhausted with these Dr's offices. :cautious:

Something simular happend with my Son last year. My son got a cut. We put butterfly bandaid on the cut but didn't know if he needed a stitch or not. I was working so my father in law took my son to urgent care. After waiting 40 minutes in the room. Doctor came in and said you did good with the butter fly bandaid and the wound looks good. Spent 2 minutes with them. Then got a bill for $230 dollars from the doctor. For what looking and saying we did good for our care for the wound. Also with my primary and Rhumatologist you seem like a number. You wait forever and then they come in for 5 minutes give you meds and send you on your way.

Latest posts