It's Getting Great!

Lanier Jim

This is a combo report about 2 half day trips in the morning....yesterday with David and today with Paul. I'm doing the combo because it was the same pattern.
Yesterday with David (trash talking genius) - our first stop we pulled up and the fish started schooling all around us. The Emerald Popper did damage. I'm telling you - learn to fish it and you will catch fish on it. I'm not going to get in to all the mess the other day - just learn to fish it and you'll be happy.

David and I smoked them....I was running deep drop offs next to shallower water flats. Cory put up a video yesterday showing the places I'm targeting. We mixed in the drop shot some when the sun got up good.

David and I pulled up on one place and stuck several good spots and a big striper that I couldn't turn and went behind a pole marker before breaking off my Jerk Shad. We ended up with 14 in the boat and lost another 4-5 that either pulled off or broke off.

Today - same pattern and I told Paul - "Yesterday - it was 8:30am and they started schooling" ....guess what, 8:30 rolled around and sure enough, the fish came up and Paul doubled up on the same cast with his Rico popper. They jumped on my Emerald Popper. Once it died down - we started hitting more of the same type structure mentioned - even some places I haven't fished - I just saw them on the LakeMaster.

Pulled up on one place and a big spot jumped up a couple of feet in the air and came down on Paul's popper...just an awesome strike. Then I boated two good spots on the Jerk Shad.....it slowed a little....so I picked up the Emerald Popper again....2nd cast, a nice striper exploded on it. Paul got a video of it that already posted.
Ended the morning with 16 in the boat and only lost 2 fish that pulled off. Ton's of fun both days....Paul talks as much trash as David....and trust me....that's a lot of trash! LJ

Attachments

• 42362.jpeg
    42362.jpeg
    178.6 KB · Views: 51
  • 42365.jpeg
    42365.jpeg
    115.4 KB · Views: 57
  • 42366.jpeg
    42366.jpeg
    111.8 KB · Views: 57
  • 42500.jpeg
    42500.jpeg
    267.5 KB · Views: 60
  • KIMG3071.JPG
    KIMG3071.JPG
    177.2 KB · Views: 60
  • KIMG3075.JPG
    KIMG3075.JPG
    148.4 KB · Views: 56
  • KIMG3077.JPG
    KIMG3077.JPG
    163.4 KB · Views: 53
  • KIMG3079.JPG
    KIMG3079.JPG
    162.9 KB · Views: 70
  • KIMG3082.JPG
    KIMG3082.JPG
    313 KB · Views: 70

Lanier Jim

Jim, I know you do trips with graph setup & fishing, I've heard you are a wizard with HummingBird, but do you work with Garmin's?
I do .....sonar is sonar....just have to get used to the operating menu's so it takes a little longer for the "L" word and "G" word :)