It's going to be all of our last time one day..

Arrow3

I received a Facebook message from a friend that I've known for around 25 years now. She told me that one of her best friends father was in his last days on this earth and had one last dying request. He wanted to goto the lake and catch some fish one last time.

They contacted me wanting to book a guided trip for him. After hearing the circumstances, there was no way I was going to charge them anything. I just wanted to do the best I could to put him on some fish.

They met me at Clarks Hill on Friday morning. This gentleman has gotten down to a mere 80lbs and is very weak. We got him in the boat and started towards some of my brush piles to put him on some crappie. Unfortunately, the boat ride made him very sick even though we just went a short distance.

After about a half hour of just letting him relax , he said he was ready to catch a fish. He asked me to set the hook and let him reel them in as he wasn't strong enough to cast the pole and set the hook.

In just a few minutes he had realed in 3 nice crappie but unfortunately that was all he could muster. His daughter snapped a quick pic of herself, her dad, and her husband and we went back to the ramp.

Even though we didn't get to fish long I was thankful to be able to fulfill his last wish of catching one last fish.

All of our last fish will come some day. Get out as much as you can and enjoy the outdoors. I plan to. IMG_4511.jpg

SC Hunter

You are a fine man!! Thank you for doing that. It means more to the family and the man than you'll ever know!

My stepsons grandmother got sent home Thursday on hospice and knows she is dying. My wife and her are still very close even though she and her ex husband are divorced. I'm close to her as well and went and saw her the other day and talked for a bit. She told me "baby I'm dying, take care of my other daughter because that's how I see your wife and take care of those boys. Do not pray for healing but instead pray for peace and comfort. Pray to be surrounded by your special people when you die." I was sitting there boo hooing talking to her and it really put things into perspective for me.

Sorry to get off topic but anyway good job @Arrow3

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
There are definitely good people all around us. Your actions are an example of that. Live everyday like it’s your last, it just might be.
God bless you and them.

Whitefeather

Management Material
I received a Facebook message from a friend that I've known for around 25 years now. She told me that one of her best friends father was in his last days on this earth and had one last dying request. He wanted to goto the lake and catch some fish one last time.

They contacted me wanting to book a guided trip for him. After hearing the circumstances, there was no way I was going to charge them anything. I just wanted to do the best I could to put him on some fish.

They met me at Clarks Hill on Friday morning. This gentleman has gotten down to a mere 80lbs and is very weak. We got him in the boat and started towards some of my brush piles to put him on some crappie. Unfortunately, the boat ride made him very sick even though we just went a short distance.

After about a half hour of just letting him relax , he said he was ready to catch a fish. He asked me to set the hook and let him reel them in as he wasn't strong enough to cast the pole and set the hook.

In just a few minutes he had realed in 3 nice crappie but unfortunately that was all he could muster. His daughter snapped a quick pic of herself, her dad, and her husband and we went back to the ramp.

Even though we didn't get to fish long I was thankful to be able to fulfill his last wish of catching one last fish.

All of our last fish will come some day. Get out as much as you can and enjoy the outdoors. I plan to. View attachment 1303947
Wow. You’re a fine example of what a decent and good human being should be.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Good job big stopper. But I am not surprised by this at all. You'z a good man. Now you just need to drop me a pin on that good hope spot.

littlejon

All of our last fish will come some day. Get out as much as you can and enjoy the outdoors. I plan to. View attachment 1303947
What a great story ! The love for fishing is like no other!

Latest posts