Crappie thread 2024

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
Little Jon, I go straight to ice, clean a few hours later.

Lately I have vacuum sealed with no water but use them within a couple of months.

I used to fill a ziploc bag with water and feel it helps them last much longer, but also takes up tons of freezer space and takes forever to thaw.

That's my $0.02
Vacuum sealing will last far longer than any other method. Meat has about a 3 year life span vacuum sealed. I personally tested that a couple years ago and the fish was as fresh as they day I caught them.

fishingguy61

Time for a new thread for the new year.

Went out today for about 4 hours. Marked a lot of fish but they had lock jaw. Water was 50* and most fish were in 16’-20’. About 5:00pm they started hitting some. Ended up with 7 crappie and a bass. Biggest crappie was 1lb 12oz. Took a guy I built a house for in 2022 that got me permission on a piece of land to hunt and has been asking me to take him to catch some “specks” (he’s from Florida. ) He’s got a decent mess for him and his wife. View attachment 1280354View attachment 1280355
Nice catch!

Arrow3

Got to the lake yesterday and the trolling motor batteries were dead. I scanned a couple of places and there were good fish there. Unfortunately I only got to catch a few drifting over them. 20240410_134036.jpg

RamblinWreck

Took dear daughter fishing today. We found some slabs, oh, yes. She hasn't fished since she was tiny, now a grown professional, but she quickly learned to run an ultralight spinning rig with a trout magnet, and was soon out-fishing her Dad. I still have to unhook 'em, though. :love:

cns41724_5_noex.jpg
cns41724_3_noex.jpg
cns41724_2_noex.jpg
cns41724_4_noex.jpg
cns41724_1_noex.jpg

Attachments

• cns41724_4_noex.jpg
    cns41724_4_noex.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 8

Richf7

I remember that. “Daddy get him off the hook. Ewwww.”

Arrow3

I hit Clarks Hill today to see if the post spawn fish were starting to get on my brush piles yet. They were. I threw about 15 back and kept a good mess. 20240426_144245.jpg

Latest posts