Crappie thread 2024

Dupree

My favorite is when they are shallow on structure like now , with a ultralight and a jig . Kinda like bass fishing
I’m in turkey mode now. Been building calls and getting things done around the house.

I don’t have time to fish in turkey season. I hunt every morning possible so I end up working later in the day to make up for it. Add in family stuff and I’m all out of time for putting the boat in the water lol.

KrappieKrane

@KrappieKrane must of got that 3lber and forgot all about us !
Naw Brother, still stuck at 2.91! Fished a tournament a couple weeks ago, I’ve hit the lake a couple of times but the weather and cold fronts have slowed my bites,and I had a date with a deck sander and wood stain that I’ve been neglecting. Plus I’m not a favorite of the spawn when they go shallow and scatter. I’ll be back soon hopefully. Appreciate ya checking up on a Brother!

ADDICTED2HUNTIN

I’m likely done with crappie for the year. I just like fishing for them when they are deep. Might night fish some this summer.
I like fishing for them deep too. I have a hard time locating them once they hit the shallows. I will night fish a good bit though once summer gets here

hunter44a

Thinking about going to West point tomorrow with a friend. Would it be better to troll or should I fish shallow?

Whitefeather

Management Material
Thinking about going to West point tomorrow with a friend. Would it be better to troll or should I fish shallow?
Last weekend the biggest fish we caught trolling were still in deeper water like the mouths of coves.

We also caught fish shallow in 6-8” of water but the were small throwing jigs

KrappieKrane

Snuck out to Oconee for a good 30 pack and first trip there for 2024. No big bragging fish but a bunch of fat swole eaters. The fish are in the mouth of coves all the way back with a few sprinkled in shallow water on the banks. They werent Super aggressive and you really had to get the jig close. I fished water depths from10-30’ with the fish 4-12‘ down. Water temps were 59 deg first thing and was 62deg when I left.

IMG_1959.jpeg

af4evr13

Hello, looking to go out tomorrow at either Oconee or Sinclair...I live about an hour from each. Looking on advice on where to fish for crappie. Reports state they have moved into the shallows of the coves? Does this sound right? Recommendations on jig color, areas of the lakes etc. Thank you!