Its Slow This Morning!

280 Man

Banned
I've been in my spot since before daylight. I've not heard the first gobble but I did have a hen to stroll by about 8:20. But sitting here with nothing happening except birds singing, squirrels barking and the sun shining on me! Sure is peaceful and beats working by a mile! Might take a nap! Lol

20200406_090829.jpg

Core Lokt

It's been a weird season for me and others as far as hearing turkeys on the roost gobbling. The only gobblers I have seen were by them selves and the same for the hens. Haven't seen them together at all.

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
Just the opposite
Now i have only been on one flock so far. But lots of gobbling going on. The flock is breaking up into smaller groups also. Its just getting good in the foothills.

jbarron

BANNED
I've been in my spot since before daylight. I've not heard the first gobble but I did have a hen to stroll by about 8:20. But sitting here with nothing happening except birds singing, squirrels barking and the sun shining on me! Sure is peaceful and beats working by a mile! Might take a nap! Lol

View attachment 1011055

Social distancing... Redneck style... :rockon:

sowgabuckstalker

Went Saturday morning for my first hunt of the year, with all going on I have not had time to do ANY scouting but know the they are there. I get to my listening spot and low and behold there are 2 firing off at the most unlikely spot, by the gate in some pines where I come into the property! I think good deal, I am going to have one flopping by 7:30 and be back home (I have a 2 year old and 1 month old, luck to get to go at all :) ) I go set up and they both answer me w/ some very light tree calling, Im probaby 100 - 200 yards away max! I then hit a fly down cackle and they answer again. I shut up and get ready. All of the sudden I hear a few hens and that was that, they both went w/ them. I never saw any of them, just heard them. Dead as doornail the rest of the morning, I hunted until about 10.

I go back yesterday morning thinking for sure one of them would be roosted around there but NOTHING! NEver heard a gobble on the roost or on the ground, it was dead. Not sure what was up? It was cloudy and even misting some.

Back at it later this week or weekend.

grouper throat

I heard 2 this morning and they shut up as soon as they hit the ground and the fog rolled in. I know one was henned up and believe both were. Saturday was good, I heard 5 and had one hang up at 60 yds and wouldn't try him. Thought I would be slick and went back Sunday morning and he was nowhere around. I have seen a bunch of jakes so next year should be good. Only three times I have been all year. My brother and his kids killed 4 in 4 mornings, all the others must be weary.

frankwright

My hunting partner in Lamar County heard them gobble again this morning as he was drinking his morning coffee on the porch. Two days in a row after weeks of silence.
Maybe it means something! I hope to be there Wednesday to see!

BASS1FUN

Something needs to happen its crazy this year, been 9 times (8 times public)only heard good gobbling (30+gobbles twice) other times 1-4. I’ve seen them on a lull this week in the past but this is usually one of my best weeks, unfortunately I spooked him this morning going in with all the deer snorting at me and the armadillos running around I didn’t stand a chance ?