Japanese beetles

OffTheBeatnPath

Had japanese beetles hit some dunstan chestnut trees I planted this spring pretty hard. All within the last week.
They've pretty much 'skeletonized' the leaves if you would.
They also got my grandparents pears and apple trees as soon as they bloomed for the 2nd year n a row.
What is the most effective way to get rid of them and will they damage the newly planted trees?

Whitefeather

Management Material
Had japanese beetles hit some dunstan chestnut trees I planted this spring pretty hard. All within the last week.
They've pretty much 'skeletonized' the leaves if you would.
They also got my grandparents pears and apple trees as soon as they bloomed for the 2nd year n a row.
What is the most effective way to get rid of them and will they damage the newly planted trees?
I planted some Zinnias in my garden and they are devouring them but so far they haven’t touched my garden plants. I go out every day and either pick them off or hit them with a liquid bug spray.

OffTheBeatnPath

Imidicloprid is going to be your only choice but it's getting late to do as a drench and would have to be foliar and soil applied to be effective as there will be daily emergences.
So apply to remaining leaves and soil around trees? They all have close to 2x6 worth of weed mat under them.