Just walked out of 5 Guys

dusty200001

This is a timely subject because the wife and I walked out of the local Wild Wings cafe this afternoon. She had heard so much about it and I have too, so we decided to try it out. I figured they would have a lunch time menu and they did, but nothing on there she was interested in. She looked over the rest of the menu and saw nothing that hit her fancy. We were expecting to see a lunch combo of maybe a few wings and a small salad for $10 or so. I was gonna try the lunch AYCE wing bar for $14 but she was determined she wanted to get out of there so we did.
Wings are high. No more cheap wing options.

sinclair1

Five guys did everything right except put seasoning on the burger. My favorite restaurant burger was Rafertys but Covid closed it down before we moved.
There is a five guys near my job, so next time a vendor is footing the bill, I may give them another try :bounce:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Five guys did everything right except put seasoning on the burger. My favorite restaurant burger was Rafertys but Covid closed it down before we moved.
There is a five guys near my job, so next time a vendor is footing the bill, I may give them another try :bounce:
Too much seasoning on a burger ruins it for me. I love that ground beef flavor as is. I put salt, pepper, and a tiny bit of granulated garlic on mine before cooking. I want it on the outside instead of mixed in with the meat, too.

sinclair1

Too much seasoning on a burger ruins it for me. I love that ground beef flavor as is. I put salt, pepper, and a tiny bit of granulated garlic on mine before cooking. I want it on the outside instead of mixed in with the meat, too.
I agree, they just had zero. No salt or anything. Could have been the one I tried.
It’s been a good while since I have had any fast food burger other than Wendy’s. Wendy’s made some changes I didn’t like too.

Paleo

Dump Trump Movement CEO
Wings are high. No more cheap wing options.

Wings have been too high for a long time. I remember happy hour/ "wing night special" at 10 cent wings, then a quarter, then fifty cents, I was still eating them at 75 cents, breaking a buck was the last straw. I make them at home occasionally when whole wings are on sale at $3 a lb or less.

Swamprat

Swamprat

buckpasser

I like the ‘OL Cook Out pretty good. Decent burger and very fair pricing on a plate deal. Definitely nothing special, but what fast food is really?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I like the ‘OL Cook Out pretty good. Decent burger and very fair pricing on a plate deal. Definitely nothing special, but what fast food is really?
Yep. Usually when I eat something like that is when I’m on the road going somewhere.

sinclair1

My favorite burger place lately is Culver’s. Very good burger.
We tried it a few months ago. It was good but the cooked fresh when ordered had some struggles with the new slow workforce. I heard the fish sandwich is great too, but I had a burger

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Yep. Usually when I eat something like that is when I’m on the road going somewhere.
Only time we eat fast food stuff is while traveling. Chick-fa-la is my choice for fast food. And for burgers, we go to the BOGO burger night at a neighborhood restaurant, Friends. They are good along with the best fries ever.

Last edited: