Just walked out of 5 Guys

Oldstick

Aside from the tip, this is pretty much correct. $13.99 for a sirloin with 2 sides and free bread beats $10.96 for a quarter pounder combo any day.
Yep, aside from the tip and the 3.99 for a tea, unless you get water. With an expected tip of probably 4-5 on that order. Or else you are considered a "cheapskate" for not wanting to pay their employees so that the huge chain stockholders don't have to.

Geffellz18

The readerboard offer got me today-After seeing it for a couple of weeks, I took the opportunity to try it out. Probably haven’t been to Smokey Bones since moving to GA 20+ years ago, but they opened one at the Mall of GA.
Half rack with two sides for $9.99 was the offer. Or get a full rack for $14.99.
Had a late lunch date with the wife to try it out.
Went with the full rack for safe measure paired with their fire roasted corn and tater wedges.
Wasn’t bad at all! Well worth the price IMO.
Both ate for under $30 +25% tip!
IMG_8908.jpeg

They have a good lunch menu at favorable prices too…I’ll probably be back for lunch at some point since I travel on that side of I85 for work now sometimes.

Last edited:

fflintlock

Useles Billy’s Clubhouse Maintenance man
The readerboard offer got me today-After seeing it for a couple of weeks, I took the opportunity to try it out. Probably haven’t been to Smokey Bones since moving to GA 20+ years ago, but they opened one at the Mall of GA.
Half rack with two sides for $9.99 was the offer. Or get a full rack for $14.99.
Went with the full rack for sage measure paired with their fire roasted corn and tater wedges.
View attachment 1291086

They have a good lunch menu at favorable prices too…I’ll probably be back for lunch at some point since I travel on that side of I85 for work now sometimes.
That's not a bad price either.

ucfireman

$10.96 for a quarter pounder combo
6.99 on the app for the medium size, got it 2 days ago.
1st time I ordered MD in a long time.
e readerboard offer got me today-After seeing it for a couple of weeks, I took the opportunity to try it out. Probably haven’t been to Smokey Bones since moving to GA 20+ years ago, but they opened one at the Mall of GA.
Went with the full rack for safe measure paired with their fire roasted corn and tater wedges.
View attachment 1291086

Good deal, eat there, take 1/2 the ribs home and add some sides and you get 2 meals for the same price.

I don't mind paying a higher price if I can make 2 meals out of it.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Just so y'all know the carne asada burrito all the way at El Taco Veloz on Buford Highway in Doraville is still only $9.99. There isn't a better carne asada burrito in the world.

Lindseys Grandpa

My nephew works for a major beef supplier and they have been told that beef prices are fixing to increase big time .

HermanMerman

My nephew works for a major beef supplier and they have been told that beef prices are fixing to increase big time .

Not to mention JBS is about to be sued by New York over cow flatulence…not even joking. Someone is gonna have to pay their legal bills.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Yep. I'll just buy a bigger freezer and buy a whole cow from a local cattleman.

Geffellz18

Just so y'all know the carne asada burrito all the way at El Taco Veloz on Buford Highway in Doraville is still only $9.99. There isn't a better carne asada burrito in the world.
I’ve heard a lot of great feedback on this place. There’s one right beside one of my locations-Gonna have to stop in there for one soon to confirm your claim- :cheers:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I’ve heard a lot of great feedback on this place. There’s one right beside one of my locations-Gonna have to stop in there for one soon to confirm your claim- :cheers:

The only other carne asada burrito that comes close to theirs is mine and that's because I stole their secret.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I was sad when we lost our Fudd Ruckers. Much better than 5 guys or Bobby’s.

Mattval

It's a crazy world!

specialk

I was sad when we lost our Fudd Ruckers. Much better than 5 guys or Bobby’s.
theres one off i-85 in anderson sc, we try to stop when traveling home....

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
theres one off i-85 in anderson sc, we try to stop when traveling home....
We had two off I75, one on each side of Atlanta, both gone. The best fast food around now is Culver’s. You actually get walleye on their fish sandwich.

specialk

We had two off I75, one on each side of Atlanta, both gone. The best fast food around now is Culver’s. You actually get walleye on their fish sandwich.
i remember the one on windy hill and another at northlake mall.....miss them....