Kirby Smart’s challenges to Georgia QB Stetson Bennett resonate; Carson Beck and Brock Vandagriff get first-team looks

Rackmaster

Political Forum Town Crier
https://www.dawgnation.com/football...griff-carson-beck/GVPGQ7ZY4BBVBFGL2HGSXJIBBY/

"Smart chose to publicly challenge Bennett last week in a way he has not had to approach any other UGA quarterbacks, with a tone never used with former starters Jake Fromm and JT Daniels.

We have high expectations for Stetson,” Smart said, “but we also have high standards for what we expect Stetson to do in terms of leading our offense, going to class, and doing the right thing.
“We are still challenging him to do those things.”
Smart’s comments raised eyebrows.
A 24-year-old, sixth-year senior starting quarterback needing to be challenged to go to class?
And, Bennett needing to be challenged to be “doing the right thing?”

GO Dawgs

Doboy Dawg

But now, with spring drills not yet halfway over, there’s room for speculation.
In addition to challenging how Bennett was taking care of things off the field, Smart used the word “bonehead” twice to describe how the former walk-on was performing under center.
At the very least, the Georgia quarterback situation is worth keeping an eye on.

GTMODawg

BANNED
But now, with spring drills not yet halfway over, there’s room for speculation.
In addition to challenging how Bennett was taking care of things off the field, Smart used the word “bonehead” twice to describe how the former walk-on was performing under center.
At the very least, the Georgia quarterback situation is worth keeping an eye on.

Its been so since 2017 at best......

jrickman

One could read between the lines here and conclude that Stetson (as many young men do) showed up for spring practice with a little bit too much behind to fit in them silver britches, so he's getting put in check by the boss. One might also interpret this as BVG is about to take over, so the narrative is being set. Personally I think Beck is gonna bounce, Stetson is going to start all year, but BVG is going to see significant playing time.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
One could read between the lines here and conclude that Stetson (as many young men do) showed up for spring practice with a little bit too much behind to fit in them silver britches, so he's getting put in check by the boss. One might also interpret this as BVG is about to take over, so the narrative is being set. Personally I think Beck is gonna bounce, Stetson is going to start all year, but BVG is going to see significant playing time.

Depends on who "shows out" this Spring. I think (hope) The Mailman has some stout competition.

Rackmaster

Political Forum Town Crier
From what I've read Beck will be #2 and has the most experience, Bennett better be on his A+ game because Beck & Vandagriff are hungry!

Beck was #2 last year but Kirbster went with experience in Bennett I suspect he will do the same!

Who knows??

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I’ve heard more about BG than Beck , lord willing we’ll find out in about 5 months ?

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
They are competing hard from what I've read but I'm sure after the Spring Game 1 will hit the portal!
Seems the past few days Beck is showing out . I foresee Bennett getting some good practice on his coaching skills