Kirby Smart built most talented NFL Draft class in modern era history, 15 Georgia players selected

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member

kingfish

I think Ted Williams said "I may not be the best, but partner I'm one of them" No question this is one of the best draft classes in a long time but you may want to check that 2001 Miami Hurricane draft class. If memory serves me correctly, they had close to 40 drafted. And no, I'm NOT a Cane fan.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I think Ted Williams said "I may not be the best, but partner I'm one of them" No question this is one of the best draft classes in a long time but you may want to check that 2001 Miami Hurricane draft class. If memory serves me correctly, they had close to 40 drafted. And no, I'm NOT a Cane fan.

You got me curious and the numbers for the Canes back then are pretty amazing. 17 first round picks that year. Since 2000 the Canes are only led by the Bucks and Bama for total first round picks at 30. With Bama and Bucks tied at 31.

Jim Baker

Staff member

I am no big football fan, but 40. That means almost all the first and second team players were drafted. Sorry if I misunderstood the number you were using.

kingfish

I want to say I got that number off the ESPN 30 for 30 they did on that UM era. I saw the episodes a couple of times and all i can remember is that it was a ridiculous amount of players drafted. Again, not trying to take anything away from the UGA class.

fishnguy

That was probably 40 arrested, not drafted.? My dad used to say that Miami's team was made of prison rejects.

Madsnooker

I want to say I got that number off the ESPN 30 for 30 they did on that UM era. I saw the episodes a couple of times and all i can remember is that it was a ridiculous amount of players drafted. Again, not trying to take anything away from the UGA class.
It wasn't 40 drafted in 1 draft. It was 37 players on that 1 team that ended up drafted. I believe the 2002 NC game between UM and OSU had the most NFL players in 1 game and that record still stands. I believe UM had 37 and OSU had 29. Every starter on OSU defense got drafted. Of the 98 players that played at least 1 play in that game 58 played at least 1 game in the NFL. That is insane when you think about that.

westcobbdog

That 02’ Miami team and draft class were epic. Right now the whole state of Fla football is down. The players are certainly there but they are leaving and playing elsewhere, for now.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I was wondering when someone was going to post this. When you have more teams than any other conference this isn’t hard to accomplish. ?

Always with the excuses Guth. Always with the excuses.

Have a nice day. :bounce::rockon:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I was wondering when someone was going to post this. When you have more teams than any other conference this isn’t hard to accomplish. ?

Its easier to stay the big fish when the pond never expands.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
That 02’ Miami team and draft class were epic. Right now the whole state of Fla football is down. The players are certainly there but they are leaving and playing elsewhere, for now.
Bucks have 4 of them committed for the 2023 class right now and they will probably end up with a couple more

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Its easier to stay the big fish when the pond never expands.
And with the sec expanding to 18 teams I’d imagine they will keep putting more players in the nfl than any other conference

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
And with the sec expanding to 18 teams I’d imagine they will keep putting more players in the nfl than any other conference

That was a huge mistake that is going to lead to every CFB team being in the "SEC" only it won't be the Southeastern Conference anymore.