"Knowledge"and "Wisdom"?

Diogenes

Banned
Sorry guys, but you can’t even make this kind of stuff up:

Formula1 states: “IMHO, there's only two types of people in the world, those who know Jesus Christ and those who need to know Him.”

In the very next post, Ronnie states: “Preconceived notions are a heavy burden to overcome.”

Any questions? Anyone? Bueller?

Amen. (Brother. . . )

Wake me up when the Irony Police arrive . . .

gtparts

Formula1 states: “IMHO, there's only two types of people in the world, those who know Jesus Christ and those who need to know Him.”

In the very next post, Ronnie states: “Preconceived notions are a heavy burden to overcome.”

Amen. (Brother. . . )

Go back to sleep.

christianhunter

Amen. (Brother. . . )

:stir:+:cry:+:banginghe+:rolleyes:+:confused:=An atheist

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
Re:

CH,

You still reading Dios post? Man you are a glutton for punishment!

Of course they could be valuable to one on a sleepless night!

christianhunter

CH,

You still reading Dios post? Man you are a glutton for punishment!

Of course they could be valuable to one on a sleepless night!

He is on my ignore list,and for the most part I never read them.On occasion from a quote or a "view" I read some of his ramblings.Not much though.:rofl:

Israel

BANNED
Seems we fall into two groups. Folks who either

A. Take themselves very seriously.

B. Take the Lord Jesus seriously

Maybe knowledge is knowing what group you are in.
Maybe wisdom is learning to find the grace to help folks from group A get into the other group.

Last edited:

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
While reading and studying this past weekend I fould myself in 1Corinthians 13, the Love chapter.

That chapter discribes love with detail that isn't found anyplace else.

But I also found this:
8Love never fails; but if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away.
9For we know in part
and we prophesy in part;
10but when the perfect comes, the partial will be done away.

We want to be soooooooooo smart.
In truth, we should spend more time trying to master the love that Chapter 13 describes.

formula1

re:

While reading and studying this past weekend I fould myself in 1Corinthians 13, the Love chapter.

That chapter discribes love with detail that isn't found anyplace else.

But I also found this:
8Love never fails; but if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away.
9For we know in part
and we prophesy in part;
10but when the perfect comes, the partial will be done away.

We want to be soooooooooo smart.
In truth, we should spend more time trying to master the love that Chapter 13 describes.

I must agree RonnieT. Love constrasted with all other things pales in comparision. That chapter has been resonating in my thoughts the past few weeks. Then last night the pastor at church taught on it. And topped with that, my 8 year old just completed memorizing the entire chapter. He recited it to me this past Friday.

This chapter just lays it all out there for us. Anytime you think you are super spiritual, go read it and get humbled. And anytime you want to know how to be Christ-like, just go read and learn and apply what you learn.

Thanks for reminding me again!!:clap:

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
I must agree RonnieT. Love constrasted with all other things pales in comparision. That chapter has been resonating in my thoughts the past few weeks. Then last night the pastor at church taught on it. And topped with that, my 8 year old just completed memorizing the entire chapter. He recited it to me this past Friday.

This chapter just lays it all out there for us. Anytime you think you are super spiritual, go read it and get humbled. And anytime you want to know how to be Christ-like, just go read and learn and apply what you learn.

Thanks for reminding me again!!:clap:

Memorized the entire chapter!

I'm impressed.

Consider this: "Love keeps no record of wrongs!"

formula1

Re:

Memorized the entire chapter!

I'm impressed.

Consider this: "Love keeps no record of wrongs!"

Indeed sir! "No record", very challenging for us to do as humans, but God has already done so for us through Christ, that is if we believe it.

And I was impressed too. It was an assignment in school (he doesn't go to government school). Now if he could only remember his multiplication tables!!!

Oh yeah! This one --- Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

tell sackett

Just wanted to say thanks to ch for starting this thread(the op was dead on brother) and to all the others who have also posted some good thoughts. I've enjoyed this thread. Thanks and be blessed.

Last edited:

Latest posts