"Knowledge"and "Wisdom"?

christianhunter

Argument,debate,over the Bible.This is centuries old,and always The Living and inerrant Word Of GOD prevails.In this age of copy and paste,and searching the internet,man claims and takes pride in his "knowledge."

What knowledge have they peaked?
Only the knowledge that is stored from others,heretics,scoffers,learned souls who proclaim thier intellect.Falsely stating what is wrongly considered as fact based on what?
Largely opinion and assumption,disbelief and hatred,stirred by the wickedness of man.The WORD of GOD is written on the heart of men when they accept it.The mind of a man,is lead in any direction of comfort he seeks.It is the heart of a man,that will lead him to peace.

WTM45

Argument,debate,over the Bible.This is centuries old,and always The Living and inerrant Word Of GOD prevails.In this age of copy and paste,and searching the internet,man claims and takes pride in his "knowledge."

Only the knowledge that is stored from others,heretics,scoffers,learned souls who proclaim thier intellect.Falsely stating what is wrongly considered as fact based on what?
Largely opinion and assumption,disbelief and hatred,stirred by the wickedness of man.The WORD of GOD is written on the heart of men when they accept it.The mind of a man,is lead in any direction of comfort he seeks.It is the heart of a man,that will lead him to peace.

Those who believe in any holy book as being divinely inspired by a deity do the very same thing.

Funny how humanity had to, at one time or another in history, put their holy book into writing and decide on just what is divinely inspired, and what is not.
Man.

Last edited:

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod

Amen.

There always have been and always will be those who sit silently while others enjoy the blessings that are found in Jesus Christ.
There are others who, rather than sit silently, raise their voices and their hearts against God and His only Son.
They consider themselves experts of the light, while refusing to accept where the light came from.

It's true what God's word says. "God's word will bounce off of a heard heart.

WTM45

Then, there are those who simply want to know where a particular religious belief system came from.
Thankfully, life does not have to be lived in blind faith of what can not be questioned or investigated.
Some find their answers quickly and live in complete peace and comfort, fully confident in their belief.
To quote Martha Stewart, "That's a good thing!"

earl

Banned
And there are those of us who do not need what is written in books by man and interpreted by man and administered by man. We have what we need in our heart and soul.

gordon 2

And there are those of us who do not need what is written in books by man and interpreted by man and administered by man. We have what we need in our heart and soul.

Amen. Bingo! But I'm betting that someone, somewhere placed it in there :biggrin3: and their spirit were nurtured in part by the books.

earl

Banned
That will be hard to argue with.

gordon 2

That will be hard to argue with.

In my younger days when I had time to read with a coal miner's hammer and a fresh and ear's cocked pit poney, I once read (or mined) that the so called judeo-christian ethical social values we share are passed on from the churched or religious family down to two more generations even if those two generation don't paticipate in the cult or are indiferent to it.

I don't really remember much more about it than this. I think the authour was German. I don't know what happens to the 4th generation?:huh: I wonder if they are the church planter's and mission church goats?::ke:

Note the subtle cowboy hat differences with these two artists. Very hard to see but it's there. Roll over Gene Autrey and Roy Rogers.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TzipnulMhYQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TzipnulMhYQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1GSpbuFSr2o&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1GSpbuFSr2o&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

If you play these two together that is what my dauther dances to today. Can't wait for the grand kids! I wonder what they will dance to?

Last edited:

ambush80

In my younger days when I had time to read with a coal miner's hammer and a fresh and ear's cocked pit poney, I once read (or mined) that the so called judeo-christian ethical social values we share are passed on from the churched or religious family down to two more generations even if those two generation don't paticipate in the cult or are indiferent to it.

I don't really remember much more about it than this. I think the authour was German. I don't know what happens to the 4th generation?:huh: I wonder if they are the church planter's and mission church goats?::ke:

Note the subtle cowboy hat differences with these two artists. Very hard to see but it's there. Roll over Gene Autrey and Roy Rogers.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TzipnulMhYQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TzipnulMhYQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1GSpbuFSr2o&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1GSpbuFSr2o&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

If you play these two together that is what my dauther dances to today. Can't wait for the grand kids! I wonder what they will dance to?

It's like watching footage of Bob Cousey and footage of Dwayne Wade.

thedeacon

For the life of me I can't see whats wrong with being (CHURCHED), or being in a religious family. If you are I think it is great and you will be the better for it. As for my FAMILY we will all serve the Lord.

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
Re:

CH, I love your post!

IMHO, there's only two types of people in the world, those who know Jesus Christ and those who need to know Him. And all of my 50 years of knowledge and wisdom seeking, all of my knowledge is nothing compared to the great riches of His grace and mercy. I have received only a taste of His riches in this life sp far, but it is enough for me know they are immeasurable in the life to come.

I cannot convince you, I can only encourage you who don't know Him to lay aside ALL of your preconceived notions, and you will find this awesome gift that I and others on this board also have in Jesus Christ. He is so very real and worth the effort and the price.

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
CH, I love your post!

IMHO, there's only two types of people in the world, those who know Jesus Christ and those who need to know Him. And all of my 50 years of knowledge and wisdom seeking, all of my knowledge is nothing compared to the great riches of His grace and mercy. I have received only a taste of His riches in this life sp far, but it is enough for me know they are immeasurable in the life to come.

I cannot convince you, I can only encourage you who don't know Him to lay aside ALL of your preconceived notions, and you will find this awesome gift that I and others on this board also have in Jesus Christ. He is so very real and worth the effort and the price.

Preconceived notions are a heavy burden to overcome.

Inthegarge

Unfortunately, their decision is against a relationship with Christ. Every time they hear the truth and scoff at it they are voting again. There is NO middle ground.. You are either a believer or your not..Just that simple................RW

thedeacon

I have known many a man that I have respected because of their intelligence, their knowledge so great that I would long to have just half. Sadly some of those people were much lacking in wisdom to go with that knowledge.

When God ask Soloman to judge the two women he was impressed with the wisdom that was expressed by the young king. The question is;

Where does that wisdom come from? The only possible answer is, from God allmighty.

We work and study to gain as much knowledge as we can, we insist that our children and grandchildren get an education. We fail to understand, sometimes, that we need to pray to God to gain wisdom.

My grandfather had no education at all, in todays world he would be considered ignorant. But in all that, he was one of the wisest men I have ever known. If I could have that, I would give up my secular education in a heartbeat.

When my grandfather (papa) was in his mid 70's I was able to teach him the gospel and baptize him into Christ. The memories of him and his wisdom has brought me through some tough times and reminded me to turn to God when I needed him.

Rob

Amen Brother!!!
CH, I love your post!

Hmmmmm!

Do you know what you think you know.

dummy.jpg

Inthegarge

Many miss the point that all Knowledge is from God. We don't know anything unless He allows it. This is especially true with Wisdom. Many people think they have learned all the need to learn. I continually find there is so much more I need to learn. That's why the Bible is so fresh, as I learn new thinks everyday.

But it alls begins by knowing Christ in a personal relationship. If you had known me 40 yrs ago you would not want to be around me. Very few did. But once I meet Christ I could do nothing but change. He is everything I need and more. It is comforting to go to bed each night and get up every morning knowing I don't have to worry. If I die in my sleep great, if I get to live another day than I must have something I need to accomplish for Him.. What a life !!! ... I couldn't have made this plan no matter how much I tried. But His plan is better than mine anyone could imagine.....RW

thedeacon

We, to often, underestimate the power of saten. It would be great if we did not gain knowledge from him but unfortunantly saten is one of our greatest teachers.

Wisdom is however a gift from God, and is available to everyone