Lake Allatoona Gar Question

ERay1387

I’ve searched and can’t find anything on the record gar size for Lake Allatoona. GON has one listed for the Etowah but there is nothing anywhere for Allatoona. Does anyone have any info on this? Thanks!!!

weagle

I’ve searched and can’t find anything on the record gar size for Lake Allatoona. GON has one listed for the Etowah but there is nothing anywhere for Allatoona. Does anyone have any info on this? Thanks!!!
There is not currently a Gar registered for Lake Allatoona. Scroll to the bottom of this page:

You can register one and GON will recognize it as the lake record as long as it is over the minimum benchmark weight. In the case of long nose gar it is 5lbs minimum. See this page for benchmark minimums.

oldfella1962

Good lord!!! That’s a monster. What did you catch him on?
That's not me, just a random picture. Bigger than average according to the other pics & videos. But nothing on any official gar records for that lake that I could find. The road to fame awaits for the motivated Alatoona gar chaser!

little rascal

Good place to start is Kellogg creek boat basin, then move out towards the river, turn right stay near the shoreline and fish that big pocket on the right. Always plenty gar.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Good place to start is Kellogg creek boat basin, then move out towards the river, turn right stay near the shoreline and fish that big pocket on the right. Always plenty gar.
Tell them how big the one was you wouldn't let me bring in your boat. :rofl: