River hunt?

sprewett

Hey ladies and gentlemen,
Got a quick question, well maybe. I and a group of buddies put in for Sapelo Island every year and we have been a bunch. Most of the group has disbanded (we are still great friends they just moved to another state). I don't believe we will get picked for Sapelo this year because the majority of our group didn't show. A lifelong dream of mine has been put in on a river, set up camp, and hunt. I am thinking this is a great alternative to our Sapelo routine. I have the Etowah close to me that has Allatoona WMA but they do not allow camping on Allatoona WMA. Distance make no difference to me so long as it is Georgia. Anybody got any recommendations that I can check out? By the way I have a Jon boat with a mud motor so I can run some crazy skinny water. Thanks in advance

sprewett

I was looking at Richmond Hill WMA. Has a boat ramp too. Any of y'all hunted it? And k ow I am not asking for anyone's honey hole I am just curious if my boat idea would work there. This hunt will be a much bigger experience than just killing something.

slow motion

I'm no help with the quest but good luck with it. Keep us updated.

Blackston

I suggest Wassaw Hunt it’s a non quota hunt …. Just show up …. Be alot like Sapelo

Blackston

I was looking at Richmond Hill WMA. Has a boat ramp too. Any of y'all hunted it? And k ow I am not asking for anyone's honey hole I am just curious if my boat idea would work there. This hunt will be a much bigger experience than just killing something.
I have spent A lot of time on “
The Hill “ Wma ….. It’s a nice piece of property … most is very accessible from truck …. It wouldn’t be my first choice though

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
My first choice would be Ocmulgee wma and Oaky woods . The Ocmulgee river splits them . Me and some friends use to do it every archery season . Plenty of game , especially hogs . Put out a few limb lines and have a fish fry one night .
On down the river it also splits Horse creek and Flat tub Wmas

sprewett

My first choice would be Ocmulgee wma and Oaky woods . The Ocmulgee river splits them . Me and some friends use to do it every archery season . Plenty of game , especially hogs . Put out a few limb lines and have a fish fry one night .
On down the river it also splits Horse creek and Flat tub Wmas
Hey thanks a ton!!!!!

BDD

I thought about that years ago, I was looking at some canoeable rivers that flow thru National Forst land. The way it use to be , you could hunt and camp just about anywhere in NF land. We did it once on the Toccoa, putting in a Blue Hole State Park. A mile or so down river is NF land we camped and hunted on. But for the Tocca you need to be good in a canoe.