Lake Lanier Fishing Report 7/16/14

LanierSpots

Lanier is finally down a few inches. As of toady, the water level was right at 7 inches below full pool and the surface temps have been holding around 83 deg on the south end. The water is super clear on the lower end and clouds up a little as you get to Browns Bridge

Ive been out the past two weeks just about every day and fishing has been good. I have been mostly artificial fishing but have had a few live bait trips mixed in there.

Late last week, the fish started to get back on the topwater better and that has been my best pattern this week. I have been working typical summer areas with the topwater and have had some great explosions on top. A Vixen has been my bait of choice but we have caught a few on the Chug Bug.

I have also had some very big fish caught on Jigs the past two weeks. Ive been sticking with a Green Craw and Cinnamon Pepper 3/8oz SpotSticker Casting jig with a twin tail trailer. That has been a staple this summer for me. Ive been working the jig on humps and points around brush in the 20-25 feet range.

The past few days out there, we have done well on the 7/16 underspin. That bite really picked up this week for us. We have been fishing the Arkansas Shiner color with a Green Albino superfluke Jr on the back... 12 pound fluorocarbon line and a slow to medium retrieve..

I also wanted to warm everyone that this coming weekend (July 18-20) is the annual Poker Run on Lake Lanier. If you have ideas to fish on the lower end this weekend, I would think that through carefully. If you have ever experienced that event, you will know what I mean.

Thanks so much and good luck out there to everyone..

Ryan

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 846
  • Untitled1.jpg
    Untitled1.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 852

TroyBoy30

images

I'll be out there anyway if the weather cooperates, but ill be back to the ramp by 10 like always

Last edited:

Latest posts