Lake lanier Striper trip for disabled folks (UPDATE)

Cy Grajcar

Heres a couple from today!!! Had a blast but and just dead to the world!!! Been up since 2am and going to bed!!!! My two guys were out of FT Benning with wounded warriors. Thanks to all that took part in this day the pictures will tell the stories for sure!!!!! Keep them coming they are GREAT!! :cheers:

Attachments

• Photo209.jpg
    Photo209.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 167
  • Photo205.jpg
    Photo205.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 170
  • Photo207.jpg
    Photo207.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 169

Jeff Blair

I think it was a fun day for everyone. Pretty sure every boat caught something. A lot of smiles when we got back. I know Mr Glen was smiling all morning. Glad I was able to help out. Tim does a good job putting all this together. I'm with Cy time for bed!!!
70a3685e.jpg

aea1b613.jpg

e7234a45.jpg

4f5da600.jpg

989c5767.jpg

45477d3c.jpg

d410a70c.jpg

fbd6f416.jpg

Dirk

Owl Event

I had 2 guys in my boat, one in wheelchair and one not. We had a great time with great conversation and we got some nice fish as well. Only got 4 fish in the boat but we got a strong 22 lb 3 ozer which was right around 38"... :fine:

A great day on the water and the storms expected never happened. Should have taken more photos but I forgot my camera and we had to use our phones. The guys seemed to have a blast striper fishing for the first time and were in shock at the size of some of the baits I put out. ;)

We caught a couple bass and a small striper on Herring, but I prefer large gizzard shad for big fish.

3-1.jpg

And it paid off today...

4-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

1-2.jpg

Ahab

My guest, Janice turned out to be quite the angler and a fast learner. Didn't take long before she was identifying fish on the graph and calling out flocks of diving birds. Had a blast and would like to thank everyone that participated, as a combat veteran myself, it was really something to see such a turnout. It was great meeting all you guys, and big thanks to Larry and the staff at Island Bait and Tackle for their support and great info. I will definitely be giving him some business. Thanks also to my good friend, Jim at CastAway baits for hooking me up with these U-Rigs, just unbelievable craftsmanship.

Attachments

• DSC04673.jpg
    DSC04673.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 155
  • DSC04674.jpg
    DSC04674.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 156

j_seph

No pics for us, we lost what looked to be a low teen striper off a freeline 30ft behind boat right off the bat. Then a couple short strike bass. We went through 3dz herring trying to get our guy on some fish the pulled 3 u-rigs and notta. Marked a few fish but none wanted to play today. Our guest was content and had a great time. We had lots of laughter and good fellowship if nothing else. Also on a side note, wear your safety harness when deer hunting. Hopefully with hatchrooster helping today with our new friend in the wheelchair he will wear his religiously now.

Hyper Sniper

A great job was done by all, and I for one salute you guys giving your time and effort to help out in this fantastic event!!!

Arrow Flinger

I want to thank everyone involved with the event today. It could not have been possable without all you that volunteered your boats, expenses and time . We had a good many fish caught but the sucess of the trips was seen on the faces of the participants. BIG smiles and I didn't see a single one without a smile. Fish or no fish, they all had a great time. This is a day many of them will never forget thanks to all of you and many of them told me so. We had folks from 5 different States with us today. That tells you how much they want the opportunity to hunt or fish and y'all provided that today.
A picture speaks a thousand words so keep them coming and thanks again to all of you!

T.P.

Banned
I want to thank everyone involved with the event today. It could not have been possable without all you that volunteered your boats, expenses and time . We had a good many fish caught but the sucess of the trips was seen on the faces of the participants. BIG smiles and I didn't see a single one without a smile. Fish or no fish, they all had a great time. This is a day many of them will never forget thanks to all of you and many of them told me so. We had folks from 5 different States with us today. That tells you how much they want the opportunity to hunt or fish and y'all provided that today.
A picture speaks a thousand words so keep them coming and thanks again to all of you!

My sidekick and I really enjoyed it, and will do it again. Just say when.:cool:

I did not get the chance to meet everyone today. Those who I did meet, I enjoyed it immensely, those I didn't meet, I hope to next time.:cheers:

Reel Time

What a great time today. I had three on my boat. We were able to get two stripers and a big spot to the boat. All in all it was a great day. My camra is in the boat and I am to tired to go get the pictures. I will try and post tomorrow. Again just a great trip.

bayoubetty

Yay! Cody was such an awesome young man! He had never been on a boat but loved going fast :cool: :cool:

Attachments

• 2012-03-23_14-12-46_9.jpg
    2012-03-23_14-12-46_9.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 124

brianj

Tim. Thanks for putting on such a well run event for some very deserving participants - you guys are making memories...

Today I fished with Dillon and Kevin; and a big thanks to dillon, and all the other service men and women, for serving our country and the sacrafices you make while doing so:flag:

My crew ended up landing two nice fish; boat records at that:cool:, and we missed quite a few more. Wish we could have landed the last one we hooked into right before 2; we were just past the bride by the golf courses where we had missed 2 or 3 before heading in for lunch. Finally got a nice hook-up and he started striping drag; fight was on for a bit and then he shook it lose - I'm positive it was the biggest of the day:biggrin2:
Kevin and dillon, thanks for the company today; I had a great time.

And thanks to all of you that were willing to help a first time elanier fisherman out and point me in the right direction. I went to bed last night just before midnight and woke up a few times thinking I better not take these folks out and not catch any fish - so my fears didn't come true.

Thanks again to all that supported the event; it was a great turn out and a testiment to some of the great folks on the gon forum.

Hopefully we'll get a chance to get together and do it again soon. Maybe next event there can be a chance for everyone to connect before or after the event - met a few of you, but missed a bunch of you too.

Attachments

• ol 3-20120323-00030.jpg
    ol 3-20120323-00030.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 119
  • owl 2-20120323-00028 (2).jpg
    owl 2-20120323-00028 (2).jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 122
  • owl 1-20120323-00027.jpg
    owl 1-20120323-00027.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 122

lcookie

Big Ups to all who help this event become the success it was. I was not able to attend but I was there in spirit. Maybe next time I can join in.

Scout'nStripers

It's great to read all the stories, see all the smiles and all of those nice fish in the pictures. Kudo's to all. You couldn't ask for better striper fishing weather yesterday. Awesome results for such a great cause!:flag::flag:

bbrueck

Just an awesome day! Could not have asked for a better day. Tim you and Kurt and your volunteer staff did a outstanding job of putting this thing together and pulling it off. Can't imagine the time and effort over many months you all put in. THANK YOU for allowing us to be part of this.

My guests Paul and his son Mark were just a such pleasure to spend the day with and Mark's excitement over catching his first ever striper is\was priceless. We forget sometimes in the frenzy of the hunt the sheer childish joy and fun of fishing. Folks like Mark and his Dad remind us of the things that are important.

We had several blow ups and more "skint" baits than we could count, but did manage to put one nice 16#er in the boat.
All Mark was able to do was wrap his arms around the rod while Dad reeled in the fish and from the time Mark heard the clicker sing and felt that tug to the time the fish was in the boat he just kept screaming "Don't let him get off! Don't let him get off! Don't let him get off!". Pure joy, put a lump in my throat.

Tim, Kurt and especially to Mark's Dad Paul and all of you care givers for these folk, our hat's are off to you. God bless you all. THANK YOU!

Also thoroughly enjoyed metting and chatting with many of the GON family. James, Jennifer, Juda, Chad, Dirk, Mack etc.

Too tired to post last night. Off to TN tomorrow for a couple of days chasing some of those moster stripes with my brother.

wncslim

What a great event! Was so cool to meet all you Ga. rednecks, thanks for the help Brian. Had Mac and Wayne with me and both caught nice fish. Incredible stories about what some of these guys have been through, thanks for the opportunity to help just a little.

Attachments

• 3-23-12 Wayne and striper.jpg
    3-23-12 Wayne and striper.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 107
  • 3-23-12 Mac and nice spot.jpg
    3-23-12 Mac and nice spot.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 108

Robert Eidson

GONetwork Member
We had a great time with Sargent Meek. We caught a lot of fish and made some new friends..... A really good return to the lake for me....

Attachments

• 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 99
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 96
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 99
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 97
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 96

JLClark

That was a blast! 5 minutes into our trip we had a nice striper on but unfortunately we took too long trying to get it into the boat and it wound up in the trees. Shortly after that we caught a nice little spot and started running and gunning the lake and found that the biggest smile on Cody's face came when we were driving the boat. The faster we went the bigger the smile and when we hit a few waves he was laughing the hardest.

It was also allot of fun getting to hang out with bayoubetty for the day although she seems to be a green fish magnet. :) JK Betty! By the end of the day we boated around 5 spots and no stripes.

I thoroughly enjoyed meeting all of you and working together on such a worth while event.

And to all you professional fishing guides who took a day off from fishing to go fishing for a worth while cause, my hats off to you. Great job everyone!

Below is a short video I made of the event. No big fish but big smiles which is what this event was all about.