Lanier on Fire

Capt. Clay C

First post in a long long time. Still fishing and catching. I imagine most of you know the stripes on Lanier have been on fire. The downline bite has been wide open. Even the artificial bite on Ben Parker Spoons and Capt. Mack jigs has been off the charts in the afternoons. If none of us are posting you know we are on the water nonstop morning and afternoon. The bite has been strong all day. I have been fishing mornings mostly to avoid the heat and the afternoon crowd. Now that school started back it feels like a different lake. Been seeing some huge schools on the Onix. I am beginning to believe it attracts fish. Still several weeks left of the downline bite. Don't miss it. Plus the heat is not that bad now. Most days we have had a good breeze. If you have not been to Lanier this Summer you are missing out. See you out there,

aug115.jpg

aug1115.jpg

aug215.jpg

aug315.jpg

aug415.jpg

aug615.jpg

Coenen

Question, with all of the fish more or less concentrated down South, how much do the afternoon generation periods effect the bite?

Capt. Clay C

Generation does tend to affect the bite more in September than any other month. The spoon bite has been best during generation. That being said, it is only one variable. I rarely let it dictate when I go. We hammered them today from about 8 am until we left at noon. Don't get hung up on it. Weather and boat traffic can also override the generation spark in the bite. Also sometimes storms etc. Just go,

Good golly great catches and good pics. Thanks for sharing and details, I'm going Sunday with some parkers at worst we'll chase for some green fishes that tends to be easier since I'm a green fish guy.

Capt. Clay C

If you go in the morning, mix it up with a 1 oz Capt. Mack chipmunk tipped with a curly tail power reeled along with the parker. In the morning, the bucktail has many days been better.

If you go in the morning, mix it up with a 1 oz Capt. Mack chipmunk tipped with a curly tail power reeled along with the parker. In the morning, the bucktail has many days been better.

Where can I pick up those Capt. Mack buck tails you speak of? I plan on launching out of Charleston so Hammond's will be in my path. It maybe mid-morning or noon before we get on the pond because my guest and I will be driving back from Greenville, SC Sunday morning. Thanks for the details, I'll post results.