Last night!

uturn

Thought I’d share a couple cool pictures from last night…we’ve been watching these owls for nearly 4 yrs now and the deer herd…at one time yesterday evening there was a 7 deer bachelor group and like 8 does grazing prior just to dark!79336BC9-33E0-4B39-A971-2F825F98B2F6.jpeg84DBA9BF-FB8D-4D12-9889-B7989D713669.pngFE60E912-F203-445E-9525-66D7EFA92ED5.png

Last edited:

uturn

Must be mating season. I had 2 outside my window Saturday night making a lot of noise! Cool pics
Yes, it is although we see them regularly the action has definitely picked up!

And, thanks I built them the perch out of scrap…they’ve been sitting on 2 stumps I’ve been burning so I thought I’d try…made it one afternoon and they were perched on it within the hour!

Danny Leigh

GONetwork Member
Nice owl perch! Definitely barred owls. We had a nesting pair for probably 6 years that used a large hollow oak for their nests. They are very vocal this time of year but they mate during the winter and the young come out of the nests about the time leaves are coming on the trees.

I think they were attracted to our yard due to the goldfish and koi in my little fish pond. Took me a while to figure out why the numbers were thinning until I heard a splash one night while grilling. No big deal as we had plenty.