Lawmaker threaten wildlife officials in Kansas over wildlife baiting

lampern

Bloom spoke for himself and Rep. Ken Corbet, also a Republican and the chair of the committee, when he made the threats. Corbet owns the Ravenwood Lodge, a hunting lodge outside Topeka where deer hunts run $1,000 per person per day, with a three-day minimum and additional trophy fees.

“We have the votes to do this,” Bloom warned in the hearing. “If you consider banning baiting … we’re going to take $1 million off the top of your budget immediately, and then we will go through every line item bit by bit and take off everything we can possibly find.”

All about the benjamins and not what is best for the deer herd

Plain and simple.

basshappy

BANNED
Right there when Rep. Lewis Bloom states for the record that he will strip $1M off the Dept. of Wildlife & Parks budget and go thru line by line stripping everything he can if they ban baiting tells the residents and hunters plenty about the person they put into office.

lampern

Right there when Rep. Lewis Bloom states for the record that he will strip $1M off the Dept. of Wildlife & Parks budget and go thru line by line stripping everything he can if they ban baiting tells the residents and hunters plenty about the person they put into office.

Baiting is apparently a big deal in Kansas

On the tv hunting shows you see people hunt around bait and feed in Kansas all the time

basshappy

BANNED
Baiting is apparently a big deal in Kansas

On the tv hunting shows you see people hunt around bait and feed in Kansas all the time

Yes and in TX as well. Last week I watched a "hunting" program on TV. These guys spent nearly $11K EACH at a ranch in TX to kill a "trophy buck" over corn or mineral bait.

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I couldn't figure it out. They dressed head to toe in camo, sat in a shoot house 150 yards from the bait, killed a buck that had been coming to feed daily for years, and then high fived and hooped it up over the event. Like it was some amazing accomplishment. THEN the guy's kid had a buck in his scope, two doe dropped ears back and started to move, so you KNOW that buck was going to move quickly, and what did the teen kid do? Took a shot. Hit right leg and wounded the buck, the dad is telling him "shoot him again, shoot him again" as camera operator follows hobbling buck, kid shoots again and blasts rear quarter which dropped the buck. And then once again high fives and congrats all around what an amazing morning.

?????

So I get online and look up this ranch and nearly pooh myself at the prices just to be there, and then how they structure the pricing for a "trophy buck".

I wonder if they printed out their credit card statement and hung it under their "trophy mounts" - maybe they got a deal fir the TV program (marketing), but it was near $21K for two deer, their lodging and meals.

Shooting over bait, far away, head to toe camo. LOL