Let’s get on them tomorrow morning!

jdgator

Hi brothers,

I’m going out to one of my leases in St. Bernard Parish, Louisiana tomorrow morning. I’m holding a lot of teal, gadwall, pintails, and divers.

I’m interested in taking dads with kids so we can pass the sport onto the next generation.

My eight-year-old daughter is coming with me tomorrow. My girlfriend is making sausage biscuits to take with us in the blind.

We will limit out quickly. It will be a short hunt.

If you’re not far from me and you want you and your kiddo to hunt please PM or text me. I’ve got a couple good permanent blinds.

Best,

JD

flatsmaster

Good luck .. wish I’d of seen this bc we spent the night in Slidell and I have my son who’s 32 ? and his wife … hope y’all whack them

jdgator

Well that did end up being a short hunt! A steady wind had been emptying the marsh out for several days. The ducks are concentrated in a few pools. The place is almost all devoid of coot.

A ball of blue wing buzzed us at shooting time. I emptied into it. And connected with two.

I had a really lucky shot on a mottled duck. It wasn’t working my decoys. It was more like a curious bystander. Lol.

Then 10 minutes later that same group of Bluewing teal landed in the decoys in a tight ball. My little girl really wanted to shoot them so I let her take a shot. And that finished up my limit and my season!

I don’t post pics of my children online but here’s a view of the spread and some floaters.

2B42F328-88FA-42BA-8110-702E2C1E47DE.jpeg