Life cycle of a clover plot (Updated...July 13)

davidhelmly

Thx David! I know you guys do a lot of clover on your place. Absolutely love the effort and management you guys put in to your club.
Thanks Triple C, clover is a portion of all of our plots and the rain this year has been great for it!

ShortMagFan

They look great. I was concerned after last fall's drought that I was going to have to re-do just about all of my 15 acres of Durana. Fortunately the winter and spring rains + some fertilizer in early June has helped a ton. Given the cool and damp summer so far (relatively speaking) I've been spraying Poast, Butyrac-200 or Imox a couple days after mowing and so far, so good. Some of my plots are on their 8th year.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Looking good , I’ve never seen so many deer hitting my clover plots as this summer

Triple C

They look great. I was concerned after last fall's drought that I was going to have to re-do just about all of my 15 acres of Durana. Fortunately the winter and spring rains + some fertilizer in early June has helped a ton. Given the cool and damp summer so far (relatively speaking) I've been spraying Poast, Butyrac-200 or Imox a couple days after mowing and so far, so good. Some of my plots are on their 8th year.
ShortMag - Good on you for the extra effort on maintenance! I made the mistake of using 20-20-20 in the fall each year when planting grains into the clover. The extra nitrogen is not needed for clover but sure gives the grasses a shot in the arm. Since this is a redo on this plot, and the grasses have been mostly held at bay, I won't even mow this until fall when the cooler temps cause the clover to take off again.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
I have plots that are almost 15 years old.I would over seed in the fall when I fert/limed...3-5 lbs per acre.That's also when I would add a new variety. Started with whitetail institute,crimson,added patriot,duranna,medium red and some others that I can,t remember.