Live bait in Brunswick?

King.Of.Anglers.Jeremiah

Fishing ? Instructor!
Anybody know where to go for live bait in the area? I prefer 100% artificial most times but it's hard to beat a live shrimp or mud minnows some days and the jekyll fishing center doesn't have any.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Only one I know of is at the pier on south end of St. Simons (if still there, been years.. surprised number still in my phone), St. Simons Bait & Tackle (912-634-1888). Good Luck!

Edit: Just looked on line and they're still there plus found another one that might be closer..J&P Bait and Tackle (912-282-9705).

Last edited:

Jim Boyd

6’ cast net at low tide and u will have all you want.

Good luck

hawkeye123

St simons pier bait shop has only frozen bait..cast net in tidal pools..can buy live scrimp at lil house on left going out Causeway to St Simons bout halfway rt before intercoastal

Jim Boyd

Got one. Would I be better off trying to get shrimp from the beach or creeks?

Jeremiah

Sorry for delays.

To me, creeks at end of falling tide.

We were in lower SC this week and it took us about 20-30 mins each day to get 15 dozen shrimp and about a dozen finger mullets.

Just find a little drainage coming out of the marsh and throw the net there. I use a cheap net for this so the oysters don’t tear up a good net.

Try a few of these drainages and you should have bait for days, sir.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Jeremiah

Sorry for delays.

To me, creeks at end of falling tide.

We were in lower SC this week and it took us about 20-30 mins each day to get 15 dozen shrimp and about a dozen finger mullets.

Just find a little drainage coming out of the marsh and throw the net there. I use a cheap net for this so the oysters don’t tear up a good net.

Try a few of these drainages and you should have bait for days, sir.
I think he's bank fish'n.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Been there a whole week end.. found bait? I know you've caught fish.