Lost squirrel hunter at Cohutta

Evergreen

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
What happened to 3 shots in the ground (or air) for S.O.S.? A squirrel hunter would have plenty of shells(?) Maybe he lost his gun or ammo in the fall??? I'm really interested in this one.

This is meant for satire but

it wasn't ever really reported on the news, it almost wouldn't surprise me if he'd been laid up with some Sheila for a few days and was like dang baby folks been looking for me, go drop me off way down the road, I'll stumble out the woods tmrw sometime

Evergreen

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
I'm not the best at telling folks where I'm going, but I've always got a lighter and at minimum a pistol and pocket knife on me. Usually a back pack of sorts, a cheap plastic poncho (like mentioned before) can save your life and provides more warmth than given credit for, spare socks, a handkerchief, bandaids, excedryn migraine (you laugh but its a one stop shop for aspirin, Tylenol, caffeine) a small can of off, extra mags, a flashlight, extra batteries, cheese crackers, slim jims, and some water can get ya a long ways when needed. Really not that heavy if it's got good padded straps

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
From a good source: This is not the first time he has done this. He has dealt with deamons in the past and heads to the mountains. He took plenty of food with him. He didn't wanna be found until he was ready

If that is indeed the case, I pray the man find's the peace he's looking for. No better place to exorcise those demons than where he was for the last week.

ddd-shooter

From a good source: This is not the first time he has done this. He has dealt with deamons in the past and heads to the mountains. He took plenty of food with him. He didn't wanna be found until he was ready
That makes sense.
I couldn't imagine a search party in a general area not being able to hear a grown man yell for help. Unless incapacitated.
I can get on a ridge and yell so that you can hear for a LONG ways. Unless you're standing in a rushing creek, in which case following a rushing creek will get you out in a day anyways.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah it’s odd to me to hear the mountain guys talk about flat ground being more confusing. It’s all in what you’re used to I guess.
No landmarks. Everything looks the same. In the mountains, if you go in uphill, you know you need to come back out downhill. You can navigate by the silhouettes of the mountains and ridges, even at night, and follow contours. If you walk downhill, you will hit a branch before long. Follow it, and you'll come out to a road sooner or later. In the flatlands, there is nothing to keep you going straight, and nothing to navigate by, or nothing to let you know where you are. If I crossed three hollers going in, I know that I need to cross three hollers coming out, then follow the next ridge down. Flat land is just flat and featureless, and everything looks the same.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
No landmarks. Everything looks the same. In the mountains, if you go in uphill, you know you need to come back out downhill. You can navigate by the silhouettes of the mountains and ridges, even at night, and follow contours. If you walk downhill, you will hit a branch before long. Follow it, and you'll come out to a road sooner or later. In the flatlands, there is nothing to keep you going straight, and nothing to navigate by, or nothing to let you know where you are. If I crossed three hollers going in, I know that I need to cross three hollers coming out, then follow the next ridge down. Flat land is just flat and featureless, and everything looks the same.
Yeah but to me it doesn’t all look the same.

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
If that is indeed the case, I pray the man find's the peace he's looking for. No better place to exorcise those demons than where he was for the last week.

I wish him the best as well but wasting a bunch of folks time is inconsiderate as all get out. Not to mention worryin his loved ones. Chicken crap IMO.