Luck with Quail

BirdNut

OK I'll start...

Went last Weekend (Dec 4) & took nephew and a neighbor boy on a parent/child quail hunt at di-lane. Both boys got their first wild quail ever, each with their first shot ever. It was great! They were so tired they slept all the way back. We moved 3 coveys, but only shot 3 birds (I didn't shoot-like it would make a difference if I had).

We are drawn for a BQI youth hunt in January on a private farm in Emanuel County.

I have been looking for private land to hunt, without much success.

We've been doing a little dog training with johnny house birds on private land. Had 1 good grouse hunt up in NC (haven't been back yet).

I haven't hit any of my facvorite WMAs this year due to work or warm weather, but I'll be going soon and often! I am hoping this is a good year. I've got a few coveys pegged, but they're scattered all over the state. We never shoot much so we know the birds will be there next time. Three coveys at a wma was like dying and going back in time...although those of you who remember the good old days would think it was a waste of time. However, it was worth $1,000,000 to me to introduce those boys to quail & dogs and the addiction. They are fired up now, they want to go again & also go duck hunting...

deersled

I went to di-lane on dec. 15. We found one covey but missed. real nice place. which wma's do you hunt? I've hunted west point this yaer. they have a few birds, but i mostly go to watch the dog. still looking for a promising wma. any suggestions?

jay sullivent

i've got some land with quail on it in wrens. me and my buddy hunt them with no dogs. it's elmoelmoelmoelmo but we usually get a few. sure would like some one with dogs to hunt there with. it's thick but is not to thick to walk thruogh right now with all the leaves fallen. it's about 60 or 70 acres.