Marinade for Deer Kabobs

htr4life

Hello All,

I plan on cooking some deer kabobs this weekend. I'm open for any suggestions on marinade sauces that you may use.

Also, I'm new to the campfire and look forward to talking w/many of you. It seems like there is a good group of guys/gals here. :cool:

specialk

if grillin' make sure to not overcook, you might want to try some wrapped in bacon first.......

wildcats

half and half of A1 and BBQ sauce..marinade a couple hours..adds great flavor and a nice glaze

TJay

I use Allegro a lot, but if you want to try something different try Catalina salad dressing.

No. GA. Mt. Man

Gone But Not Forgotten
wildcats said:
half and half of A1 and BBQ sauce..marinade a couple hours..adds great flavor and a nice glaze
Anything with A1 in it has got to be good. Did you ever eat anything with A1 or Ranch dressing that was bad?

jigman

Try This Its Good On Any Type Of Meat.
1/4 Cup Of Worcestershire Sauce 1/8 Cup Of A1 1/4 Cup Of Butter And 1 Table Spoon Of Garlic Salt Heat In Microwave Or Sauce Pan For 2 Min Marinade Or Brush On Meat When Cooking.

Minner

Here's a real good recipe for a marinade. I can't take credit for it though. It's one of the best marinades I've tried (just don't tell HIM that :D )

Jim Thompson said:
1-2 days before cooking if possible.

salt and pepper loins.
in a bowl add worstershire, spicey brown mustard, a little liquid smoke, a little barbaque sauce (any flavor but I like hickory) and as much texas pete as you like. mix well.

jughead

secret stuff

The best is A-1 and dale's mixed about 3/4 dales and 1/4 A-1,
marinade for about 1 hour. :yeah:

Jeff Phillips

TJay said:
I use Allegro a lot.

Me too!

Melt 1/2 a stick of REAL butter and mix it with 1/2 a cup of Allegro. Soak the kabobs in it for a while and brush some on while they are cooking.

It'll make your tounge slap your brains out :D