Maverick

leroy

Went to movies for first time in 2 yrs, seen Maverick was pretty good not as good as original but they very seldom are. The new mission impossible coming out next year looks promising.

Geffellz18

I hate Tom Cruise.

This! But must admit I had been waiting for this one to come out and watched in down in Daytona a few days ago. Was very good IMO.
Also my first time in a theatre in many years-Not really a movie buff.
Just wished it wasn’t the crazy quack that was the star of the show-for either of them!

earlthegoat2

I’m just surprised they cast Tom Cruise at all. The MO for Hollywood these days is to make a sequel with a female lead who manages to never screw up and make the old male lead from the previous movie seem like aome kind of bumbling idiot.

Thankfully, Hollywood fell asleep that day and they slipped this one by them. I am aware it has been on hold for a bit but movies have been following this routine for a decade or better now.

That is why I think it is so good. It is so against the grain of modern movies and that is a splendid thing.

ucfireman

I heard it was all real flying, no computer generated stuff. I cant stand computer generated stuff. That's why I don't watch action or super hero movies.

I haven't been to the movies since passion of the christ and iron man. May go see this though.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Making reservations for IMax Thursday. The first movie drove quotes many use today without knowing the origin. The cockpits of the F-18s we modified to hold 6 IMax cameras. The actors are really experiencing those Gs. The actors had to direct themselves in the cockpit, getting the lighting right etc. Looking forward to it.

“ I feel the need, the need for speed.”

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
I don’t know why this movie wasn’t made some time around 1993. That would have made a lot more sense. I rarely hear if a new movie that I care about seeing and other than A Few Good Men I do t know that I’ve ever cared about seeing anything Tom Cruise has been in.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
In other news, Smokey and the Bandit was re-released to selected theaters recently. I do t mean some dumb remake. The original. We went to see it last Sunday. It was pretty cool watching it on the big screen.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Folks watch Tombstone like it’s religion. I truly enjoy Val Kilmers art. He is a huge lib and distains most of what his movies are about. In fact he was borderline on excepting the role of Iceman in the original Top Gun due to anti-war sentiment.

oldfella1962

Went to movies for first time in 2 yrs, seen Maverick was pretty good not as good as original but they very seldom are. The new mission impossible coming out next year looks promising.

"Mission Impossible" would be me sitting through the entire movie. :(
As for "Top Gun" I never saw the original, and will not see the sequel. I'm retired military, so most military movies make me say "HEY! That's not accurate! You can't do that/say that/fly like that/etc.etc."

I guess my main beef is a 59 year old flying anything but cargo missions. :rolleyes:
Sorry, but a 59 year old being involved in "bring your A game or die" top level aviation
doesn't fly with me, no pun intended.

turkeykirk

Making reservations for IMax Thursday. The first movie drove quotes many use today without knowing the origin. The cockpits of the F-18s we modified to hold 6 IMax cameras. The actors are really experiencing those Gs. The actors had to direct themselves in the cockpit, getting the lighting right etc. Looking forward to it.

“ I feel the need, the need for speed.”

Saw where IMAX was the best way to see the movie.