Meat hog(s) wanted

Guitar Guy

Hey guys. I hope everyone is having a good holiday season. I wanted to go ahead and put it out there that if anybody ends up trapping some good meat hogs that would otherwise go to the yotes, I would be interested in one or a few, depending upon size. I would be willing to trade or compensate in a way that sounds fair to you.

I certainly don’t want to come across as picky when someone is doing a favor, but within an hour and a half from Tucker would be preferred. Ideally, the hog or hogs would be very freshly killed before going in my cooler. I’m looking to learn more about butchering and putting wild meat on the table, so if there’s an opportunity to put your unwanted hugs to good use, I would like to throw my name in the hat.

Thank you for your consideration.

Steve

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I hope you find what you are looking for . They are fine eating and a lot get dumped , don’t see anything wrong with that either but I’d sure rather see them enjoyed !

Guitar Guy

I hope you find what you are looking for . They are fine eating and a lot get dumped , don’t see anything wrong with that either but I’d sure rather see them enjoyed !

I feel the same way. Fortunately, my wife and I are doing fine, so we don't need the hogs, but I reckon that some people do. I agree that it would be preferable for hogs to go to folk's dinner tables before going to the yotes, but I applaud anyone who is working to reduce the wild hog population.

Guitar Guy

PM me your number. Our place is in Monticello and we are covered in them.

Very much appreciate your generosity. It may have something to do with your settings, but unlike most profiles, yours doesn't give me the "Start Conversation" option. If you could PM me, that would be great. Thank you.

Steve

NMH5050

Very much appreciate your generosity. It may have something to do with your settings, but unlike most profiles, yours doesn't give me the "Start Conversation" option. If you could PM me, that would be great. Thank you.

Steve

Sent.

Guitar Guy

Appreciate the help. We managed to get in touch, but for this particular member, it doesn't give me the option. With you for instance, I get the option to "Follow" and "Start Conversation". For NMH5050, there are only two options available - "Follow" and "Ignore".

georgia_home

on similar forum software I use for another site, there is a setting about who can send “you” pm/conversation requests… he may be set off… just learned about it the other day helping another member who didnt have the start conversation setting enabled.

@Guitar Guy, Right click on the avatar in any post and you will get that option.

georgia_home

dfurdennis

Hey guys. I hope everyone is having a good holiday season. I wanted to go ahead and put it out there that if anybody ends up trapping some good meat hogs that would otherwise go to the yotes, I would be interested in one or a few, depending upon size. I would be willing to trade or compensate in a way that sounds fair to you.

I certainly don’t want to come across as picky when someone is doing a favor, but within an hour and a half from Tucker would be preferred. Ideally, the hog or hogs would be very freshly killed before going in my cooler. I’m looking to learn more about butchering and putting wild meat on the table, so if there’s an opportunity to put your unwanted hugs to good use, I would like to throw my name in the hat.

Thank you for your consideration.

Steve
I will be glad to help you...trapped 11 a few weeks ago and after several guys leaving me hanging.....(not guys from the forum) they ended up food for yotes we strapped and quartered a few but most went to waste. Anybody on the forum want some just PM me your number...I trap in Lamar County near the high falls area

Tugboat1

Guitar Guy, I'll be hunting hogs next two weeks. I live in the Lawrenceville Highway, Ronald Reagan area. I anticipate a few dead ones. Let me know if you'd be interested in one broken down on ice. Second week of January. You'll have to fine tune the final butchering.