Merriam for Grand Slam complete in Idaho

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Hope y'all have a great rest of the season!
I went to Idaho to a visit a friend in the trade and try to finish my Grand Slam.
I got my Oceola last spring outside of Tampa. Got Rio's in Central Texas the year before that.
Got my Merriam in North Idaho on this springs trip.
In the future I will attempt to get Royal and World slams.

My 80 yr old neighbor came with me and instantly made great friends with my Idaho friend who lives in South Central Idaho. None of us had ever been to North Idaho before so it was a new place for all 3 of us.
20230425_065016_resized.jpg

My 80 yr old neighbor did a long hike on 2 mornins in a row! Over a mile each one.
On the hike back up outta the hole on his second morning I figured he needed a break. So I said lets stop n rest. I pulled a water outta my back pack and gave it to him.
He said Thanks!
He washed his false teeth with it, spit the water out, and said lets get back up to camp and get a beer!!!
20230427_123529_resized.jpg

My Merriam
20230425_102732_02_resized (1).jpg

Good times!
20230428_111616_resized.jpg
20230424_191723_resized.jpg

wvdawg

Staff member
Congrats on the slam!

bullgator

Beautiful country and good times.

deerslayer357

Congrats!

Hawken2222

Congrats on a great trip and in your grand slam

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
YASSS!! Woohoo! I wanna go!! Congratulations brother! What a gorgeous bird too!! What a great view man, I’d love to go hunt some other places like that! With family in Texas, it’ll probably be my best chance to go…..hmmm

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
YASSS!! Woohoo! I wanna go!! Congratulations brother! What a gorgeous bird too!! What a great view man, I’d love to go hunt some other places like that! With family in Texas, it’ll probably be my best chance to go…..hmmm
Where at in Texas bro?
If it's central Texas thats where I was a couple years ago and local farms are full of birds!