Midday hunts

Havana Dude

Haven’t been seeing much early and late, so opted for a midday hunt today. Got up, early enough to get here at daylight, but laid around, drank my coffee, and at 7:20, had 3 does at my feeder behind the house!! Figures!!!

Havana Dude

And I’m an Ofer right now. I’m gonna get down and do stuff around camp. Hunt this evening.

catch22

good luck buddy!! I never really had the discipline to pull a mid day hunt down here in the south.

BeerThirty

Good luck! Several of my larger bucks have been shot between 11am-2pm. With the heavier hunting pressure where I am, I think the smart bucks have caught on to majority of hunters not being in the woods at that time.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
We seen lots of deer yesterday early afternoon. 2 to 4 in that area

sleepr71

I’ve seen some big ones killed during the rut..between 11:00-2:00. Especially when there’s a Full Moon.

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
I’ve seen some big ones killed during the rut..between 11:00-2:00. Especially when there’s a Full Moon.
I've noticed this studying trail cam pictures the last few years. There is a date range in my area where between 11-2 I am getting mature bucks on their feet. I definitely plan to use that to my advantage this coming season.

Hunter922

Late season afternoons work.. Bucks finish the season like that start walking in the dark.